Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Mexico?
Thread: Mexico?
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 02:10 AM   #5
Wally Arntzen

We owned a home right on the beach in Playa del Carmen which about 45 miles south of Cancun for about 12 years. Beautiful place and great people and a lot of friends both natives and business folks.
We drove a Winnebago to Tasco Mexico many years ago and did a Newell ralley in Quaymas which is on the Sea of Cortez.
Mexico is a beautiful country but is wise to travel with another coach or more for saftey reasons. Many people are fearful of going there but I can tell you that I feel much safer in Playa del Carman on a friday or saturday night that I so in Minneapolis, Phoenix or many other cities in the states. Its is strange that I lived in Minnesota all my life and have to Canada twice and I have been to Mexico in excess of 100 times.
On most of the main highways they have green trucks that are called green angels and they are primarily to assist american travelers that have mechanical problems with their coaches or cars. The carry fuel, tires and a lot of parts with them and if they don't have what is needed they will contact a safe company to help you. You just have watch for them but they patrol the highways regularly.
Its like traveling anyplace if you are carefull of where you go and what you do you probably will not into any trouble.
It sounds like you have a pretty good setup on how you will get where you are going. My wife speaks fluent spanish which very helpfull, because I do not and don't really try but I have never had a problem getting anythiny done.

Good luck and have a safe trip.
1988 Newell Coach #163
40' with tag 8V92
Wally Arntzen is offline   Reply With Quote