Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Mattress hard on the back, Help!
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 06:43 AM   #28
NewmarNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSI Coach View Post
We are new owners of a 92 Newell and found the same issue with our OEM mattress. We found a replacement which was custom-made to our dimensions and is made out of the memory foam material. Ours is referred to as a "Cool-Max" memory foam mattress from MattressInsider.com which actually wicks the heat from your body rather than heating up like some of the original memory foams. Like the other members stated, we let it set in the unit with the windows open in our storage building for a week or so and also allowed it to fully expand before using. I think ours was around $500-$600 but has been all the difference in the world on that bed. Here's the link to the one we chose....

Luxury RV Mattress | RV Mattress Gel Foam

Hope it helps!
We just purchased a used 1994 London Aire and the mattress that came with it is pretty discusting. My wife and I literally had to wear gloves and a mask when we were removing it lol.

We need a mattress with radius corners at the foot end otherwise there isn't enough room to walk around the bed. We're considering purchasing the same Coolmax mattress model that you did. It's been a few years now and I was hoping you could give some feedback. Is it still comfortable?

By the way, for anybody needing to measure their radius corners, they have a video at the bottom of their custom mattress page which I found helpful.
NewmarNut is offline   Reply With Quote