Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 77 Newell Interior makeover
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #1
rellick

Default 77 Newell Interior makeover

Well here are some before pics of my interior. Sorry they are a little dark. The bedroom is the worst, the previous owner built this shelf in the back, it is very tacky and uncomfortable. What he did was build it all up to the same height as the doghouse for the engine to make it all level and flat so the whole room is a bed, then folds back to make seating, in theory is a good idea, except when you sit you feel like you are sitting on the tailgate of a pick-up. I want to have the same kind of idea but comfortable and functional. They had the doghouse this high because of the turbo on the old engine, so I am going to try and lower it as much as I can. Ill bring the seating up to level with it and make the side seating very similar to how the booth is made, but with slight slope back and the seat about 5'' deeper for comfort. When it folds down it will be level. the doghouse will be finished like a console with drink holders etc. The only issues are the floor may be still too deep and I will have to stow the center cushion. (With the seat and the back I will need a separate center cushion or the seat back would be part way up the window) I may have to build a storage in the floor for this also bringing it up to where its comfortable to sit. I hate to have a step in the floor but I don't see any other options. My thoughts are to have it like a lounge theater that turns into a full bed. Any ideas out there?

In the front behind the passenger I'll build another booth for seating and sleeping,
Attached Images

22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
rellick is offline   Reply With Quote