Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Transmission and heating problems
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 02:23 AM   #17
hlfdzn

Default Good News...

Replaced both fuel filters this weekend and afterwards the engine seemed to respond normally with RPMs up to 2500. Didn't want to take it out due to the snowfall. Normally I'd just fill and replace the filters and then start it up, but I followed Micheals excellent write-up from the Engine Bucking thread and it worked perfectly. Thanks again Michael.

Today had the pleasure of meeting with Wally and we went down to a Bus repair place called C&J that he highly recommends in Minneapolis area. I was very impressed with them and their knowledgeable friendly service. Afterwards we came back to where we're staying and took out the coach to see how it ran.

There was no hesitation, the turbo boost responded as expected and the transmission shifted smoothly. As Michael said, it was the filters. I still have to have the radiator pulled and repaired and am trying to figure out what could have caused the damage if it wasn't something from the engine.

I'd like to thank Wally for taking the time to meet with me and then drive an hour south to show me C&J's and then back up where we're staying. We had a wonderful time together and look forward to meeting up again soon.

I also want to thank Michael for the time he took to diagnose the problems with our Newell and also all the time he has spent helping all of us on this forum.

I'll let you know how the radiator job goes. If any of you have had your radiators pulled & repaired, can you give me an idea of what it ran you?
'93 45' #320
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
hlfdzn is offline   Reply With Quote