Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Looking for Newell Coach Basement Air Conditioning Replacement
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #1
Bikestuff

Question Looking for Newell Coach Basement Air Conditioning Replacement

Hi all!

I have owned my Newell for about a year (2003 #653). I am just now getting my feet on the ground with the coach, but have been reading and trying to learn from this forum. Thanks for all the sharing and all the knowledge! On top of the information, it is just fun to read how Newell owners think through and solve the problems.

Anyway, I have an issue that could use some help. My coach has a pair of basement air units. One runs the front of the coach and the other the bedroom. Since I got the coach a year ago, I have had nothing but issues with the units. Newell has looked at the front unit 4 times, and has never found an issue, but sometimes cools and other times does not. You would think they could figure out the problem. It never comes on when the fan switch is in Auto mode (still has SCS thermostat). And it seems that I have to put the AC switch in High to get any cool air at all. The bedroom unit has been working well (it has a new thermostat that did away with the HI-LO business) It only has a COOL-OFF-HEAT switch and an ON-AUTO switch for fan. Well just yesterday, that unit quit cooling. It turned out that the unit was frozen-up and when I let it de-thaw it started working again.

All that was to say this....

Is there a viable replacement for basement air units?

Cheers,
bill
Bikestuff is offline   Reply With Quote