Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Transmission and heating problems
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 03:24 PM   #11
hlfdzn

Just got back from Vern's. What a great place! This is a mom & pop outfit that gives the kind of service that few produce today. Ben & Mary took care of us and fixed and checked both furnaces. Turns out the only reason the front furnace wasn't working was the electrode was corroded and not spaced to specs. He put in a new one and then cleaned up the old one for a spare. He was so knowledgeable and prices so fair I asked him to check the other furnace and fix some other things. I still walked out paying just over one bill. Thank you for a superb recommendation Wally!

After speaking with Creslie at Newell, I'm leaning towards the thought that the turbo blew something on one of the connections. Micheal, I will check the fuel filters and would love to find that as the problem. The reason the turbo is suspect is because of the low boost, but also, that the damage to the radiator is in an unusual location (top of the rad finned area) for it to be road garbage that got sucked in, but is exactly where something coming off of the turbo would have hit. I've done some looking at the turbo and in the bottom of the radiator housing for pieces but haven't found anything yet. I'm thinking that since I have to take it to a shop for the radiator, I'll have them check it out. We won't be able to get it in until a week from now, so I'm going to continue to see what I can find myself. Please let me know if you think of anything else.

While looking in the engine bay, I found what may be contributing to the lack of dash heat. The hose that runs from the engine to the coolant pump runs along the top shelf above the house batteries and has a gash worn in it that is leaking antifreeze.

Thanks again for all the help you guys!

Til my next update,
'93 45' #320
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
hlfdzn is offline   Reply With Quote