Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Bedroom TV upgrade (replace your old CRT TV)
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 10:47 PM   #16
GORDON HUMMEL

Default New 47" LG TV

Name:  LG TV INSTALL 006.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  15.0 KBName:  LG TV INSTALL 004.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  14.0 KBName:  LG TV INSTALL 005.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  18.1 KB
Just about finished installing the new TV, without breaking it. My goal was to get the top of the TV lined up with cabinet doors to get a factory look. Top in & out spacing is controlled by washers & verticle spacing is controlled by either adjustments to the mounting of the bracket(S) or the TV mounting. Because the TV is on an angle to line up with the doors, a single change in one direction effects the other direction. While this TV is 1/2 the weight of my old 42", it still takes 3 people to remove the TV from the bracket to make an adjustment.

When I installed the original 42" LCD in 2008, I had planned on installing it flush with the new @ the time glass cabinet doors. While operating that TV when working on the overhead bracket, I realized that the heat it generated would have been retained in the top of the cabinet. The only viable solution was to move the TV out about 4".

The new TV doesn't even get warm to the touch & is rated @ $10 a year for electrical. It is only 24.5" tall, 2" less than the old 42" TV. The internal speaker are aimed down & don't sound bad, but I use a surround sound system so I don't used the tv speakers.

Still need to order a new left hand glass door that is 3/4" narrower.

This TV was on sale @ Costco for $650; Model 47LM6700.
1991 41.5' #266
8v92
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT Toad
Fulltime on the road
GORDON HUMMEL is offline   Reply With Quote