Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - The "Next" mini-rally
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 01:45 AM   #19
ccopel

Debbie and I live on North Padre Island in Corpus Christi, Texas. There are two new RV parks on the Island, right on the beach. I have not tried any of them. Too close to home. The best time for this area is late September or October. Spring time the weather can be great but it can turn and be very windy and everything gets sanblasted. Another factor is Spring Break. For three weeks all College and University students from Chicago down, invade this area and take over. Many RV parks are filled to capacity far in advance. We also have "Winter Texans" in RVs of any size and shape stay here during the winter months from Canada as well as most states north of here. It's a great place for anything to do with the beach, one of the few places where you can even dry camp on the beach and sit around a big open fire and talk about Newells. We had two RVs that rusted away over time for that reason.
Scheduling and early action is the key here. I will find some links and post them for more information.
By the way, we have 50amp service and a concrete pad next to the house if any one needs a place to hang out if your travels make it this far south.

Pete and Debbie
96 Newell #419
ccopel is offline   Reply With Quote