Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Installing Upgraded Headlights, Wiring and Relays
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #3
fulltiming

I thought I would try out the new photo album that the administrators have added to this great site. These images are stored in the new photo album section.

Since I like maximum flexibility, when I added the relays and the new 12 gauge wiring to the headlights, I set up a pair of toggle switches on the dash over the center console with LED indicator lights.

Outer low beam headlights on:

Inner and outer high beam headlights on:

The switch on the left controls the low beam headlights and the switch on the right controls the high beam headlights. The top row of LEDs are high beam and the bottom row low beam. The LED's to the left indicate the outer headlights are on and the LED's to the right indicate the inner headlights are on.

With these switches I can pick outer, inner or both headlights for low beam or high beam independently. Switching between low and high beam remains a function of the stock dimmer switch on the steering column. I typically run only the outer headlights on low beam but run both the inner and outer headlights on high beam.

Here is the switch panel wiring diagram. I used single pole triple throw on-on-on toggle switches. I connected the trigger wire for the outer headlights to one pole, the trigger wire for the inner headlights to the opposite pole and used the center position to have both inner and outer headlights illuminated. I used 400 volt, 1 amp diodes to allow current to flow from the center pole to both other positions without electric current flowing the opposite direction.

At EncantoTom's suggestion, I plan on having a trophy shop engrave name plates to make it easy for anyone to identify the function of each switch and LED. Thanks Tom.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote