Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Side vs Rear Radiators
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #8
77newell

I've only had the rear radiator and the fan is directly belt driven. I extended the slobber tube (breather) to past the rear of the radiator and now the gunk collects on my tow car instead of on the radiator. The car is easier to clean than the radiator. The next step will be to install a breather demister that is typically used on boats and then it doesn't matter where it vents. I think the parts cost is about $350 more or less depending on whether you want to recycle the gases to the engine intake or not (I haven't figured out my choice there yet).

My radiator is oversized so I would benefit from a two speed fan drive but I don't think I have the room for it. Engine access for routine service is better with the side radiator but if you still have the two stroke engine it's nice to have access to cylinders that the rear radiator offers when it comes time for the inframe overhaul. Given the choice I'd probably go with the side radiator but I would also probably be more swayed by the rest of the coach's amenities and condition than the location of the radiator.
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote