Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Holding tank vent
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 12:15 PM   #10
James Tuckness

My 71 has both tank vent and drain vents on the side of the coach at the drip ledge along the roof. The tank vent if toward the front of the coach with the drain vent about 5' behind. I replaced the tank on our coach with a new tank during restoration and the tank vent is a trick to install without removal of floor, insulation and sheetmetal liner that is under the coach. To remove the old tank from the vent line we used a hole saw and cut out the tank fitting from the top of the tank from the inside of the old tank by removing the bottom of the tank. Reinstallation of the vent line to the new tank was accomplished by installation of a theaded pipe adapter in the tank, gluing the adapter and then elevating the tank and hitting the vent stub exactly causing the two to join. It worked well but location of stub and fitting have to be exact. May reason for the drop tube vent described. The old vent is probably still up there and R & R of the tank could allow reconection of line. When originaly built it had a tank vent. Happy to tell you what it took to replace mine.
James Tuckness
417-866-0261
James Tuckness is offline   Reply With Quote