Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Shh... Don't tell anyone I'm here.
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 06:19 PM   #4
Bill N.Y.

Default SOB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltiming View Post
We don't discriminate against non-Newell owners in any way.
We do just a little . The owners of non Barths are knows as SOBs which means "Some Other Brand" or "Something Other than Barth". We do have several members who own orphans or are just looking for a site that isn't like the IRV2 site.
Quote:
Your writeup and the comments are great. There certainly is an interesting resemblance between the two. Glad that the comments were so positive. Some sites seem to have members that enjoy bashing anything that is different from their choice. That's a shame!! At least based on that post it looks like a good bunch of folks over there.
Thank you, yes we do have a great group over at Barthmobile.com. I wasn't sure how you would take my posting over here, thanks for making me feel welcomed.
Quote:
My one comment involves the post near the end of the thread about the 48' sagging. To the best of my knowledge, Newell's longest coach was a 47'.
I left your entire post in our forum for membership comments too.
Quote:
The frame construction of a Newell was originally patterned after the 1950 FitzJohn bus and allows a tremendous chassis strength while eliminating the need for large front to rear frame rails to extend down into the bay areas.
Would you direct me to one of your post that goes into detail on the frame and construction techniques.
Bill N.Y. is offline   Reply With Quote