Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Alternate Coach
Thread: Alternate Coach
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 02:06 AM   #1
Richard and Rhonda

Default Alternate Coach

So here starts the true confession. I'll start with the bottom line first. I have bought an auxilliary coach. Rhonda and I are keeping the Newell, but truthfully it hasn't seen much action since we moved to West Virginia. The interstates are fine here, but the roads off the interstates leading to the areas that are interesting to me just are not big rig friendly. The roads are narrow, twisty, and the opposite of fun. We are going to be here for a while, and I wanted something more WV park friendly.

Every since we bought the Newell, I have joked with Rhonda that the ideal setup would be to pull a small class B as a toad. That way you have the best of both worlds. The mother ship and the dingy so to speak.

Well, we have added a class B to the fleet, cause I just didn't have enough to work on you know. After much searching and evaluation, I ended up with a 2006 Gulfstream MB cruiser. It's built on the sprinter chassis and with the floor plan I wanted. It's not as nicely finished as the Roadtreks and Airstreams but it offers a bed arrangement that allows full access of the rear doors to roll the bikes in or use as a cargo van.

So now starts the adventure of bringing it up to my mechanical standards and debugging what was wrong from the factory.

I haven't decided yet whether I am going to try to pull it with the Newell. Time will tell on that one.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote