Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Tech Talk Archives 7
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 06:01 AM   #38
Neweller

A
765 9/3/2002 5:55:01 PM 9/5/2002 Carl Jackson carlbjackson@att.net Tag Axle Paranoia!? Hello there

My wife and I will be full timing soon. We have done a ton of research on which vehicle to select and have decided finally on a Newell. We will have to start with a used model first and are now a little confused about tag axle versus non-tag axle models. Obviously (I think) the weight of the coach mandates whether a tag axle is needed.

However, I have run into some folks who maintain that either of two extremes is the 'best way to go.' One set of folks maintains that tag axles are over-rated and not worth the trouble, while others say tag axles are great for heavier coaches providing stability and weight carrying capacity.

We are looking at an '84 40 footer without a tag axle and the owner says no problems. But I notice that Newell makes 40 footers with tag axles too....

I am looking for the 'common wisdom' on justifying whether I need or don't need a tag axle. No big deal really, other than this search for tag axle knowledge has become a quest.

Thanks,

Carl Jackson
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote