Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Adjusting rear ride height
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 09:56 PM   #21
tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard and Rhonda View Post
Tuga,

Mine will slip if I have to raise or lower the back a great deal. I think that the rubber on the "P" compresses over time. I have even installed a second hose clamp with very little improvement. I can pretty much count on having to adjust them if I level on a steep slope.

One of my valves is leaking, and I have two replacements. I am just waiting for a pretty day to work on them.

The other thing that I have noticed is not to get too aggressive with adjusting them. They have a little play in them, and I think the best way after adjusting is to air the coach down to below normal ride height and allow the HCV (height control valve) to bring it up to level. I find if I allow it to settle to level from the jacked up position, then it levels to a higher ride height. Then, after a few trips around the block, it will settle at a lower position.

Playing with these things was maddening to me until I discovered that little gem. It's a PITA to have to air it down, and let it air up after each adjustment but it saves time and frustration in the long run.

And finally, I found a very close correlation between the control rod and the ride height. If you need to move the coach 1/4 then move the rubber "p" 1/4 inch in the same direction you want the coach to move.
Thanks Richard, I'm glad to know that I am not losing my mind!

Using a nut driver, can I snug it up kind-a tight?

Or is the second hose clamp the better choice?
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote