Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Tech Talk Archives 6
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 05:58 AM   #54
Neweller

A
646 6/25/2002 9:14:16 AM 6/25/2002 Tech Talk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com 1980 Newell Coach John makes a good point about synthetic lubricants. We are convinced that the Mobil synthetics are excellent products, among the finest lubricants available. But they are pricey. In a new or late model expensive coach, we think they are justified, so that's what we use for initial factory fill (when we are paying the bill) and in the factory service department unless a customer specifies differently. However, it may not make economic sense to use some of these products in older coaches. We also agree with John that the transmission fluid falls in a different category. Not only can the drain intervals be extended without concern, but the synthetic fluid can sustain higher temperatures without breaking down. This might save an older transmission with a minor problem that causes an overheat from a consequential breakdown of the ATF and a total failure.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote