Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Transmission and heating problems
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 05:20 PM   #1
hlfdzn

Default Transmission and heating problems

We’re on our way back to Alaska and have had a new problem arise along with some old ones resurface. The big issue right now is our transmission is having problems shifting up to the next gear. It hangs in gear and will not automatically shift up without me goosing the gas pedal. As it hits about 1500 RPMs it stops and if you give it more gas, it starts to vibrate/shimmy but still doesn’t shift. It’s especially noticeable in the higher gears specifically at 40-45 mph but does happen in the lower gears once in a while also. Once we’re at speed it stays fine at 55 unless we encounter hilly terrain or have to slow down for any reason. I’ve not been able to find any information on this problem specifically on the web yet but am still searching.

I’m going to give Newell a call tomorrow to see if they have any ideas but am hoping someone out might have some suggestions today. I’m also wondering if anyone has recommendations for a local Allison dealer. We’re at my brothers in MN about an hour north of MSP.

The other issues right now are that the front dash heater isn’t putting out much heat at all and the front furnace under the couch is only working sporadically.

I’m not sure if my heater core is bad or not. When the coach is sitting still, there is hot air coming out, but as soon as we get up to speed, it cools down quickly.

We have cycled the furnace numerous times and it has kicked on once, fortunately last night before stopping for the night, but this morning as we got up, it was blowing cold air. I haven’t been able to get it going again. The rear furnace is working fine so I know the propane is working.

Looking forward to your input. Thank you.
'93 45' #320
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
hlfdzn is offline   Reply With Quote