Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - HWH air leveling service?????
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 01:43 AM   #5
Richard and Rhonda

I understand and empathize with the first overwhelming exposure to the air system. I had the same reaction, it took about two hours under the coach tracing air lines, and some diagrams from Michael to understand what is supposed to happen.

I would bet that all the techs that glance at it are having the same response. I think you are either going to have to figure it out for your self or PAY, and I mean PAY someone else to do it.

If I were faced with this situation, I would try to divide the problem into manageable sectors. I would divide it into the air bag and air bag plumbing after the manifold, the electrical wiring and solenoids on the manifold, and finally the HWH unit.

This is not going to be straighforward or quick. Let's start with the first area. At either the front or rear manifold, I would mark and disconnect the four hoses leading to the air bags. A handful of quick connect fittings and some plugs from Home Depot would allow you to essentially plug three lines and pressurize one at the time. That will do two things. One it will start your understanding of the plumbing, and it will allow you to exercise the air bags independent of the leveling system.

The next diagnostic is somewhat similar except using electricity. Using a 12V source, feel power into the disconnected wiring at the control panel and figure out which wires are powered at the solenoids. Making copius notes and diagrams of course.

Once you get that figured out you will know which set of wires at the console is supposed to activate which solenoid and you will be able to hook the air lines back to the manifolds. Now with the coach aired up you can force the solenoids manually.

You can now look at the third area which is to power up the HWH panel is see which leads are hot when you activate different buttons.

I have oversimplified this but you get the point.

Of course you could take it to Newell but what is the fun in that?

If you want to try this path, I'm sure Michael or I can draw you some basic diagrams of what the system is supposed to do. Mine is easy since I have toggle switches and bubble level instead of the computer controlled HWH panel.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote