Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Dash gauges quit
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 07:47 PM   #1
smagown

Default Dash gauges quit

When it rains it pours! (except it doesn't rain much down here on the Mexican border!) I was pulling in the Chevy dealer in Laredo, Tx to get my dinghy fixed when my dash gauges stopped working, tach, speedo, everything except battery voltage. I called Cressely at Newell ( Ext. 235) and he told me how to remove the dash pad on my 97 #458. Really simple. Under the pad along the bottom edge down by the windshields are three little christmas trees that fasten into holes in the metal. There are three of them,one in the middle and one on each side. You put two fingers under the dash on each side of the fastener and gently pull up. They pop out. The object here is for them to remain in the dash pad. Then move to the front and there are seven of them. You can then lift the pad and see all the instrument wires and ground wires. Mine were perfect so I called back and Cressely got Ron the dash man on the phone. He said check the fuses in front of the passenger seat, #15. Duh. It was burned. I replaced it and now have functioning gauges! Love Newell service!
97 #458 w/3 roof airs, 07 997 GT3, 62 Vette,67 SS427 Chevelle, 02 Boxter, 74 GMC mtr hm, 88 Mastercraft 190 Prostar, 86 Ski Nautique 2000, 02 Baja Islander 212
smagown is offline   Reply With Quote