Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - HWH air leveling service?????
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 02:56 AM   #8
encantotom

when i got my coach, my leveling system wasnt working right either. i got some help from michael and did as richard said. i basically spent the time tracing out all the wiring and air lines. made a schematic of my system and then fixed the problems one by one. i ended up having to replace three solenoids and all was well. each had a different problem. two got weak enough they would work and one leaked. michael is right, other than the ride height adjustment (which there is no way vandals would get to since it is underneath the coach) all else is totally accessable. the hardest thing is the solenoid manifold behind the drivers side headlight and that is no problem. mine is like richards and it is a manual system. i keep a spare solenoid now and can change them in a about ten minutes. i like to test things so i would take the control panel out, hook up 12v dc power to it and test with a meter all the switch positions. if because the control panel is hooked to another control system like michael says, then you might have to test it in place.

it is baffling why the contol lines are disconnected in the back unless there was problems previously and they tried to fix it and got stuck. as long as the wiring is ok, it should be straight forward to rewire. it really isnt as hard as it looks, just take it slow and easy and take lots of notes like richard and michael have said.

btw, i have the inside of my 90 newell gutted and am redoing the inside and have replaced alot of things in it. not because they needed it but because i wanted things different. let me know if i can help your efforts in any way as well.

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote