Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Tag axle adjustment
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 04:30 AM   #24
Hardtrigger

Thanks for the replies guys. The scale house was closed but the weight board outside was on and I was able to park the coach on the scale and with the tag on the scale I was able to add and delete air out of the tag and noticed that when I added air to the tag it added weight to the tag also but at the same time the steer axle would subtract 200-300lbs every 10 lbs or so! Havindg the experience with class 8 trucks we would adjust our fifth wheel slide to add or subtract weight off of the steer axle sort of the same way I guess. The more weight one axle takes on would reflect less weight of the opposite axle! Kid you not sliding the fifth wheel on class eight truck each inch over the drive axle would alter steer axle weight couple hundred pounds. Im fine with tag axle at 8000 lbs. or so if the steer axle is engineered to handle the 14000 lb. weight and great advise with upgrading the load rating on the tires. I was reading somewhere on this board that Newell suggest running 130 lbs. in the steer axle tires which I am hesitate on doing for the manufacture suggest 110lbs. What are your thoughts guys on having 20lbs. over manufacturer specs. I mean if that is cool than I would add air right away. Thanx again, Robert
Hardtrigger is offline   Reply With Quote