Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Can a newell handle the additional weight of granite?
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #4
Neweller

Will,

Here's an idea for you after taking in the considerations of Larry and Michael. I will tell you from experience that 3 cm granite weighs a ton and you don't have to go that thick. There is no doubt 3 cm does not usually crack as easy as say 2 cm and that is even more important if being installed in a moving flexing vehicle. If you are not super picky (due to color options), you could go with a light weight granite that is only an half inch thick that has been reinforced with a fiberglass back. This stuff looks great and can take a lot of flexing and not crack. I have installed this product 5 years ago into lighter GVW vehicle's with much more flex than a Newell and on still going strong.

Some additional notes, you can build the edging up and profile it to most available designs. 3 cm granite got real popular during the housing boom as a money making inexpensive option to solid surface (aka Corian) or tile because they would leave it with a standard edge with no build up. It allowed the small guy to complete without the labor of profiling.

Ken
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote