Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Basement SCS A/C Service at Newell.....issues and HELP NEEDED!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 03:48 AM   #12
Dave-n-Marjorie

New 12v Coleman Mack Thermostat with hi/lo fan and auto cool installed here at Newell last year. Only heat I have is aqua hot. Dwight checked thermostat at both ends and works perfect.

Pulled out my RVAC Service Manual. Specs are crystal clear. 95 deg outside air / return air 70 deg / discharge air 55 deg. 14 amps. Mine is 84 deg outside air / return air 70 deg / discharge air 67 deg. That is 12 degrees off from spec, not counting its 11 degrees cooler than spec test. I feel this issue is with the freon charging. They just dont know what they are doing or how to get it right.

I will talk again tomorrow morning to Tommy my service advisor, then probably to the shop manager. There is no reason why this A/C should not work within the specs. I have them in black and white, all parts on a/c are brand new. They have no excuses. I will not pay $110 an hour for someone to "experiment" vaccuming it down and putting freon back in. Thats why I drove all the way here. For professionals to fix it right the first time. I will make sure to fill every one in about my experience. These a/c's were installed from 94-04 and I am sure there are many out there.

Thanks everyone for quick response and phone calls.

I would love to hear from other owners whos SCS basement a/c's work well. Newell tells me they do not exist.
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote