Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Many upgrades
Thread: Many upgrades
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 02:11 AM   #5
Barry Rooker

Hi Steve,

Like you, I was a car nut until I got the Newell. I'm a big fan of the pre-2005 Newell look (partly because my 2001 has the earlier look) From 2005 & newer, some could say Newell's are overly embellished, along the lines of Buster Crabbe in his 1930's Flash Gordon series.

Some things I'd like about a newer Newell would be ZF steering; roof air opening up basement space; bigger windshield & side glass; sleeker Girard on the roof than hanging on the side. Things I wouldn't like: front door with no screen; decreased fuel mileage; more complicated systems, all subject to failure; intrusive Valid slide mechanisms; all that added depreciation.

I'm encouraged about your seven year old batteries. My chassis batteries are 5 years old & my house batteries are 4 years old, using PowerPulse from day one.

FYI: Just replaced all eight Michelin tires this summer, even with a trucking buddy helping me, they were a thousand dollars each! Since they calendar out rather than wear out, my tire cost is rougly 25 cents per mile while my fuel cost is roughly 50 cents per mile. That's with us driving some 6,500 miles annually, California in the winter & Michigan in the summer.

I'll try to get some pictures posted. Struggling to understand this website. Look forward to seeing you somewhere out there.

Barry
Barry Rooker is offline   Reply With Quote