Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Air Pressure Multiplier
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 03:15 PM   #10
fulltiming

Forrest, I bought just my pressure multiplier from Newell, SMC part # NVBA1110-T02N. I paid $252.75, including shipping, several years ago. It is well worth the money. I just added two quick connects I bought from Home Depot. In retrospect, I would have used the standard screw in fitting on the 18" air hose that I now use to connect to the engine compartment air quick connect. At the time, I was using a 25' air hose on that end and wanted to be able to easily separate both hoses from the pressure multiplier. I have less than $20 in the fittings and the short air hose, which I purchased from Harbor Freight. I do recommend using a quick disconnect on the output side of the pressure multiplier.

As an aside, I found that the air quick disconnect in the engine compartment had a tendency to leak so when I replaced it, I added a brass shut-off valve between the air line and the quick disconnect. That has worked well. I leave the shut-off valve in the off position until I have the air hoses and fittings attached then turn it on. I turn it back to the off position before I remove the air hose.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote