Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Brake and Supply Air Problems and solution
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 04:10 AM   #1
encantotom

Default Brake and Supply Air Problems and solution

Hi all,

when Michael was at my home last month he noticed my supply and brake air went down together when drawing down the supply (airbags, etc). As many of you know (and i learned), the engine air compressor and the 120v compressor upfront both supply air to all systems. there are two tanks behind the front axle that one does the brakes and the other the suspension etc. there are check valves on each of them that prevent flowback from one to the other. so if an airbag goes out while driving, the brakes will still hold pressure. after a while, rust gets in them and a chunck of rust holds the checkvalves open. when that happens the symptoms are like mine. michael said he had newell change both checkvalves. so, i went down to my bus mechanic and he got the valves from fleetpride (Bendix 800372 SC-3 Single Check Valve) for 22 bucks each and changed them out. fixed my problem totally.

my air purge was not consistent for my air brake dryer so i got the purge rebuild kit for the brakemaster dryer and had them change it too. fixed it right up.

later

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote