Air leaks in my 1987. - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Go Back   Luxury Coach Lifestyles > Technical Exchange > General Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Log in Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2009, 04:23 AM   #1
jmacstack

Default Air leaks in my 1987.

Hello, Jennifer here again. I've moved from my electrical chasing(still chasing) to air leak chasing. I charged up the air today to do a test on how long the air pressure would last. In 25 to 30 minutes the pressure went from 120 psi to just below 60 psi. Both the brake and service air pressure went down at exactly the same rate. Not good. I grabbed my spray bottle and went directly to the solenoids in the drivers side front compartment and started spraying. I found 2 leaks on the fittings( 90 degree elbows.) These fittings are not brass they seem to be come sort of ceramic?? material. The actual fittings are leaking as are the air lines going into those fittings. I also heard an air leak under the accelerator pedal. How do I access that? Is it possible to remove the carpeted plywood wall that is in front of the panel? Any clues on how to do that? On each air line is either a white ring or a green ring. What do these mean? I went to the rear of the coach and sprayed down all the fittings and solenoids in the passenger side of the engine compartment. Found a leak there as well. Those 90 degree elbows are brass. I have no clue where the compressor is on this coach. It's a bit daunting to crawl around under this coach but I'll do if need be. I think I need to replace the fittings. How do the fittings attach to the airlines? It got dark so I haven't taken one apart yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Concerning my generator issues...Does anyone know how long it will take 6 deep cycle batteries to charge on with a 40 amp output battery charger? I'm waiting for the batteries to fully charge before I load test them. I'm plugged into 50 amps right now. With wrenches, soap and guts in hand....Jennifer
1987 Newell, 40ft #143
DD 8V92 Silver
2010 Cannondale Tandem
No Name Tandem Mtn Bike
1973 Triumph GT6
2012 AWD 4-door Mini-Cooper
3 Ford Trucks
Just another fanatical motorhead
jmacstack is offline   Reply With Quote