Basement SCS A/C Service at Newell.....issues and HELP NEEDED!!!!!! - Page 2 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Go Back   Luxury Coach Lifestyles > Technical Exchange > HVAC
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log in Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2013, 11:00 PM   #21
ashley

Send a message via AIM to ashley

Dave my basement airs work really well. On low i get 11 degrees def on high i get 18

ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:06 AM   #22
Dave-n-Marjorie

UPDATE!!!!! WE ARE ALIVE....AND COLD!!!!

What a turn around today!!!! Dwight knocked on the door at 7am, Marjorie and I spent stressful night in the shop. Dwight said his idea is to get the amps to spec using the freon charge. For some reason, he was on this 12 amp tangent, but the specs call for 14. I agreed and he immediatly went to work. The temp dropped within 15 minutes. We finally got the temp down to 19 degree difference at the unit head/return, and 16 at the rear bathroom/return at outside temps of 95 deg. Within spec and cold finally!!!

So the service writer Tommy comes in the coach to settle the bill. I did have a few other things on this first big trip, ride height valve failed, and a aquahot emergency where a copper pipe joint fell apart.

Everything they did was spot on cost except for the a/c. I was getting charged 13 hours for a 8 hour job. I told Tommy I was very dissappointed with the whole a/c thing and how it went down and felt I was getting over charged. He said...and I quote "David, what can I do to make you happy, I want every experience with Newell to be a good one for you". I said "I was prepared to pay 8 hours labor pulling out unit, installing one compressor, sweat in two valves, and tweak the units within spec, not 13". He said, "your right, I will make it happen and be right back with a new bill reducing $550 (5 hours) in labor".

How about that?????? A negative experience turned into a positive one!!! Being in the business, I can tell you the way Tommy took care of me was total class and I felt like he really wanted to do whatever it took to make me happy. And Dwight changed 180 deg from yesterday. He said this morning that we are going to fix those a/c's no matter what it takes. I am very happy, was 95 today in campground sun and a/c was easily 72 and I could have made it 65 if I wanted.

I will be back for sure!!!! Thanks so much everyone for your input. With this board, Newell phone support, and service here at factory, there is nothing that cant be fixed in a Newell, even an old 96 like ours!!

1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:10 AM   #23
NewellCrazy

That's what I'm talking about Dave! Glad your experience made a turn for the better and Newell Coach delivered the type of service there known for.

Sean

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:16 AM   #24
Yachts

That's the Newell service we are used too.. It's what we expect from a place sold our coaches for 1 million plus each... Lol we just get the million dollar service for a fraction of the price.. Congrats glad it worked out..
Yachts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:19 AM   #25
MrE

That is great news! Glad to hear that everything ended well.
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:25 AM   #26
Neweller

So, the saga ends. Just as things were getting juicy. Sure glad Mr. Keys stepped up to the plate in Newell fashion. I was wondering the heck could be going on..........
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #27
ccjohnson

Dave, Are you heading to mini rally now that your AC is working?
XL-7
F-350 4X4 Crewcab
F-250 4X4 Crewcab
ccjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:02 AM   #28
Dave-n-Marjorie

Will be in Hermosa SD (Heartland RV Resort) tomorrow for a week, then west yellowstone for a week, then Glacier, then Vancouver, then Astoria, then Napa, then San Fran...LOL...Then???????......I thought we were cutting spearfish too close, so maybe next time......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjohnson View Post
Dave, Are you heading to mini rally now that your AC is working?
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Old 08-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #29
folivier

Dave, where did you get the ac compressor? I have one that may need to be replaced and would appreciate any info and specs you could give me.
Did you have Newell replace the first compressor or someone else?
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:38 AM   #30
Dave-n-Marjorie

Someone else did my first one. It was super easy. Since I am traveling, I dont have any paperwork. The company is Johnstone. Wish I could help more, but I am sure Newell could help with the compressor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by folivier View Post
Dave, where did you get the ac compressor? I have one that may need to be replaced and would appreciate any info and specs you could give me.
Did you have Newell replace the first compressor or someone else?

1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC