Mattress hard on the back, Help! - Page 2 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #21
Cheri Smith

Stewart that's good to hear you have finally found a mattress worth sleeping on. That price sounds wonderful!! You got a bargain thanks for sharing it here with the rest of us.

1979 Newell Classic
Cheri Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:16 PM   #22
1993Newell

Thanks for coming back to update, glad you found a mattress that works for you.

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:26 PM   #23
Randy J

Stewart $399 amazon gave you a deal to brag about. That's good you didn't go through the body aches like I did. but we love our mattress now. I have to ask what did you do with that old piece of crap mattress?

1991 Newell Coach
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun.”

"Sometimes I pretend to be Normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being me." lol!
Randy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:52 PM   #24
JustDustin

Good buy Stewart!
JustDustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:02 PM   #25
86loco

Stewart that appears to be a great buy. Congrats and hope the night are much better for you.

Randy that could be an interesting question if you are out on the road. Probably the only good thing about buying a mattress at a physical store is that they well take the old one off your hands. But for a great savings I would figure how to dispose of it.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #26
Nara Queen

Thanks for the link and information on the great deal. I'm going to remember this for when we get a coach because the husband will not have sleeping on a used mattress. So I know for sure we will need to buy a new one. Our bed now is going to my sister so we will soon be in the market for a new one. Thanks again for the info and congrats on having better nights of rest.
Nara Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #27
folivier

When we cleared out the house for the sale we called the various agencies and Habitat Restore was the ONLY one that said they would take anything, even old mattresses!
So you could call the nearest Habitat Restore and they would probably take it.
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:43 AM   #28
NewmarNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSI Coach View Post
We are new owners of a 92 Newell and found the same issue with our OEM mattress. We found a replacement which was custom-made to our dimensions and is made out of the memory foam material. Ours is referred to as a "Cool-Max" memory foam mattress from MattressInsider.com which actually wicks the heat from your body rather than heating up like some of the original memory foams. Like the other members stated, we let it set in the unit with the windows open in our storage building for a week or so and also allowed it to fully expand before using. I think ours was around $500-$600 but has been all the difference in the world on that bed. Here's the link to the one we chose....

Luxury RV Mattress | RV Mattress Gel Foam

Hope it helps!
We just purchased a used 1994 London Aire and the mattress that came with it is pretty discusting. My wife and I literally had to wear gloves and a mask when we were removing it lol.

We need a mattress with radius corners at the foot end otherwise there isn't enough room to walk around the bed. We're considering purchasing the same Coolmax mattress model that you did. It's been a few years now and I was hoping you could give some feedback. Is it still comfortable?

By the way, for anybody needing to measure their radius corners, they have a video at the bottom of their custom mattress page which I found helpful.

NewmarNut is offline   Reply With Quote