Water/Wastewater Bay Brushed Aluminum - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
prestadude

Default Water/Wastewater Bay Brushed Aluminum

I am rehabing my water/wastewater bay. There are large, decorative metal panels that are brushed aluminum. To clean those up I have experimented using a metal polish (Noxon brand, a thick liquid) followed by Pledge as a sealant (I read about Pledge for brushed aluminum on another site). This method brightens up the brushed metal surface and the Pledge does not leave a wax residue that would be difficult to buff out of the brushed surface. I am wondering how long the Pledge will protect the surface. Maybe I should use something else. Alcoa has a sealant to use on their rims after polishing. Maybe that would be better. Anyone else have experience with this issue?

prestadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:36 AM   #2
leskorcala@hotmail.com

I just used Mother's aluminum polish paste and it worked very well for me on the water waste /fuel tank area ! actually it worked better than on the Aloca wheels ! The wheels are way harder to get polish out! i used several polished and power wheel ( sponge ) and just not getting that new look!

Will try Pledge ( I like thsi product )

leskorcala@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
HoosierDaddy

When you polish wheels the paste residue is difficult to remove. An old trucker gave me a solution. After you have wiped the polish off there will still be residue in the small imperfections in the aluminum. Just apply baking flour to the surface and wipe with a CLEAN rag. I made an oversize "salt shaker" to apply the flour. Additionally you could apply flour to the rag and wipe over the surface. Finish with plain 'ol window cleaner.
1993 Newell 45'#316, 1976 Trans Am 455, 1967 GTO, 1953 Chevrolet 3105 (panel truck),1952 Chevrolet 3600,1969 Airstream Overlander. Always fixing something!
HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote