Newell Coach #425 a 1996 is now retired from service. It was lost to a fire. - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2012, 12:49 AM   #1
Neweller

Default Newell Coach #425 a 1996 is now retired from service. It was lost to a fire.

Unfortunately Newell Coach Number 425 has been lost to a fire that had started in the rear section of the coach.

This coach is currently being parted out and will soon be completely recycled. Most of the salvageable interior will be used in an Eagle bus conversion. The complete booth/nook, couch, two salon chairs and both front captains will be used for this purpose. The bus company salvaging it, is seriously considering using the rest of the galley area as well.

Goodbye our friend #425.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
Gone Busing

Wow Ken, that really is a sad note. Number 425 is only a couple numbers away from a Newell Coach we had recently taken a peak at.

Comparing Luxury Motor Coaches
Gone Busing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:30 AM   #3
stewart33

RIP Newell Coach #425

So I guess this means when the person who is taking the insides of the Newell to put into an Eagle when in it they'll think they were in a Newell!
stewart33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:22 AM   #4
Neweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewart33 View Post
RIP Newell Coach #425

So I guess this means when the person who is taking the insides of the Newell to put into an Eagle when in it they'll think they were in a Newell!

You took the thoughts out of my mind. That is exactly what I had said to the folks with me on the day we checked it. The gentlemen using the parts kind of joked saying that he didn't know if you will like all that heavy furniture in his coach. We had given him a hand moving the heavy coffee table into the Eagle. Being heavy will help it stay put in transit. From the kitchen forward is saveable other than some smoke damage which I believe will clean up. I repaired an old 1959 Gillig bus conversion that had an engine fire back in the late 80's and I had great success getting rid of the smoke smell.

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 11-11-2012, 01:07 AM   #5
W. Mark Hellinger

Ken:

I own coach 426. I'd be real interested in any salvagable spare parts possibly available... not that there's anything I can think of that I need right now... but I'd stash the spare parts in the barn for possible future needs... I'm expecting on keeping 426 probably from here on-out.
W. Mark Hellinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:21 AM   #6
Neweller

I sent you the list of most of them.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #7
Maxwell55

good idea to have this section.
Maxwell55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #8
bosshog46

So sad...ours is Coach 424! What caused the fire? :-(
bosshog46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #9
1993Newell

Its sad to see a 1996 Newell Coach no longer on the road. Anyone know how the fire started?

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #10
Neweller

Hi bosshog46 and welcome to LuxuryCoachLifestyle.com! Their has been a little communication with the previous owners whom had not been really using the coach. From my understanding, the coach was in a location away from the owners home, hooked up and the fire started somewhere near the bedroom or below in maybe the battery compartment area. Sounds like it must have been electrical related. My first thoughts was it might be from the Aquahot, but that system was salvaged and sold. The whole back end was burnt and melted down to the most of the rear tires. The engine was salvageable but everything around it was fried. I have a bunch of exterior and interior pictures I could share if anyone is interested. I Posted a couple of the exterior ones at this link HERE: http://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...omes-fire.html

-Bob Marley
Old 01-29-2013, 04:49 AM   #11
Yachts

I don't remember my coach number, it may have been 425 or 427..... It was originally Sammy Keyshaw and lorie Morgan's tour bus.. It originally was all black but had a new paint job put on in 2002. Had off white with purple gold and black graphics.... Hope that wasn't the bus... I have a kid from that bus....
Yachts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:09 PM   #12
Ron Skeen

The coach is number 422. I purchased it Oct 2005 and still enjoying enjoying today. I have done extensive upgrade and use the coach a lot. I can send pictures of what it look like today. The coach is in excellent shape to day.

Ron
1996 Newell 45' #422
2004 Newell 45'8" #689
60 Series Detriot
Yellow Dodge Truck
Ron Skeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #13
Yachts

Yep that's her.. Looks like the data storm and in motion tv may have been removed.. Send me some pics.. Mnewman@1stcapitalok.com..she looks awesome
Yachts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #14
jWolfe

I've seen that coach in the Newellshowcase here - NewellShowcase.com Newell Coach Photo Gallery, Newell Coach Photo Showcase, Newell Motorhome Photos, Newell RV Photos, Newell Photo Gallery - 1996 Newell Coach Album 6 It's a beauty. Ron I'd like to see more photos myself if you'd be willing to post them here in the forum that would be great.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #15
rush1

What happened to the basement ac units ? any for sale ?
rush1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #16
Neweller

Some of that was saved. I'll check and find out for you and report back.

-Bob Marley