1998 Double Slide Newell Coach #501 Maybe The Steal of 2013 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2013, 03:06 AM   #1
Will Procter

Default 1998 Double Slide Newell Coach #501 Maybe The Steal of 2013

This is one heck of a deal I wonder what they'd take. 1998 Double Slide Newell asking price is 109K

1998 Newell 45 #501 « Luxury Coach Classifieds : Luxury Motorcoaches for Sale, Luxury Motorhomes for Sale, Luxury RVs for Sale

Detroit 60 Series 515 HP Engine

Some people call me the Space Cowboy
Will Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:15 AM   #2
Gone Busing

That's sounds like a great deal! The question is what would they actually take? What if they would take $90,000? OMG!

Comparing Luxury Motor Coaches
Gone Busing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:11 PM   #3
Randy J

Will, that's one heck of a deal. Looks clean and it's a double slide? Someone is going to get a deal that will make others cry.

1991 Newell Coach
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun.”

"Sometimes I pretend to be Normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being me." lol!
Randy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:29 PM   #4
folivier

Pictures look nice, missing the wheel trim on drivers front tire. One owner could be a plus, but would need to see maintenance records, age of tires & batteries. Are tv's new or original? Has Girard awning but no others. If the price reflects the cost of needing any or all of these then by the time you do all of this the price becomes similar to others that are for sale.
With the coach number you could call Newell and ask about the maintenance records and if any upgrades had been done recently.
Has anyone contacted the seller yet? Be interesting to get more info.
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:38 PM   #5
Yachts

Can some one get me some contact info.. I might buy another one.
Yachts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:13 PM   #6
Neweller

Marc, I have the sellers phone number. I think he has an offer on it but don't think the deal has finalized.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:31 AM   #7
NEWELLWIZARD

Ken I have a friend who is real interested in this coach. I've sent you a PM. Thanks
NEWELLWIZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #8
ccjohnson

If we bought it we would have to use our '92 for a tow car!
XL-7
F-350 4X4 Crewcab
F-250 4X4 Crewcab
ccjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #9
speedingsport

I believe a one owner is a plus in most cases. With that price, that's a good deal! I bet it will get snatched up quick. Hopefully one of our members will buy it.
speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:35 AM   #10
Gone Busing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjohnson View Post
If we bought it we would have to use our '92 for a tow car!
Now that would be interesting. Looks like a nice Newell coach. We were kind of looking for something like this but have been saving our $$ for a slightly later model. But if Dave has his way we might be saving even longer. What do you think of the price on this one Dave? I actually think depending on timing, condition etc...it is a buyer or a seller market on these coaches.

Old 06-02-2013, 02:07 AM   #11
Dave-n-Marjorie

LOL Those of us that do own Newells know you cant judge a book by its cover I personally drove 500 miles late last fall and saw a quad slide Newell for $130k ...I could have bought it for $80k......I did a nice write up about it on here.....was it the "deal of 2012"???? hmmm read and find out

I guess my question would be...how many double slide Prevosts can you buy for that price???? do you really get what you pay for???? If you cant find a double slide Prevost close to this price then I guess the question is answered.....Hmmmm are Prevosts really THAT much better?? Why? Whats the matter with Newells??? Why so cheap? Why are owners giving them away almost for the cost of parting them out...are people buying used Newells at rock bottom prices because they cant afford a similar optioned Prevost??? I think anyone in the market for a bus should have answers for those questions before they purchase one....

So Jay...to answer your question...what do I think its worth???? EXACTLY the same as a double slide similar condition Prevost....no wait...I take it back....sorry......10% MORE than a Prevost double slide H345 high line convertor with similar "extras"........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone Busing View Post
Now that would be interesting. Looks like a nice Newell coach. We were kind of looking for something like this but have been saving our $$ for a slightly later model. But if Dave has his way we might be saving even longer. What do you think of the price on this one Dave? I actually think depending on timing, condition etc...it is a buyer or a seller market on these coaches.
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:07 AM   #12
Vantare

Newell's & Prevost's are both luxury coaches and at the same time 2 different types of units.

Vantare

Cannondale Slice 5 Bike

2006 Prevost Vantare’ Double Slide

Steve & Annie
Vantare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #13
Gone Busing

Dave, you know I'm only playing with you. But you may in deed get your way with all these storms wrecking havoc across the country. I have a an unfortunate brother whom lost his home down in Oklahoma to a tornado. They lost the house, rv and you name it. Now they are thinking about buying a nice luxury coach or bus conversion to live in while they regroup. All this ruckus could in general raise prices on all rvs.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #14
qcj

Pretty late 98. My 99 is #505. Chappell
qcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #15
Dave-n-Marjorie

I know Jay Its a lot of fun talking about all this stuff, values ect.. Sorry to hear about your brother but glad they are safe. I was actually thinking about this, and should probably start a new post, but am already typing, plus...for some reason I think a lot of people look at this buyer and seller section and will read it anyway. I am sure moderator can move it, its not a problem.

Question is: How do you think a Newell/Prevost bus do in a Tornado? I saw alot of Semi Trucks flipped over, but dont know if they were loaded or not. Plus, they have a higher center of gravity where our storage bays are? We are about to hit the road and I always tell my wife "oh Newells are so much heavier they will be fine". I lived through hurricane charley, ivan, jeanne and frances, in one year, lost the tile roof on my house, fencing, dock, and some condos by me were somewhat collapsed, but my rv at the time (newmar mountain aire diesel) was fine. I believe the winds were about 125 to 130 when we lost the tile roof, and I looked out and the rv was not really even swaying. I did fill all the tanks and bays trying to weight it down. I know the wind speed are so much higher in tornados but never really seen pictures of post tornado rvs at a campground. How safe are we?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone Busing View Post
Dave, you know I'm only playing with you. But you may in deed get your way with all these storms wrecking havoc across the country. I have a an unfortunate brother whom lost his home down in Oklahoma to a tornado. They lost the house, rv and you name it. Now they are thinking about buying a nice luxury coach or bus conversion to live in while they regroup. All this ruckus could in general raise prices on all rvs.
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #16
ccjohnson

We drove past Camping World in Flagstaff, AZ a couple of years ago about 30 minutes after being hit by a tornado. EVERYTHING in thier lot looked like a huge pile of "pick-up sticks". Granted that most of it was 5th wheel or towable. I would recommend driving our Newell's out of the path of danger. They are easily driven after all. When severe warnings are out just drive an hour or so out of the way for a day.
XL-7
F-350 4X4 Crewcab
F-250 4X4 Crewcab
ccjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #17
Yachts

What happen to this coach.. Did it get sold and does anyone know for how much?

Yachts is offline   Reply With Quote