Interior flooring ideas? - Page 2 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2012, 11:55 PM   #21
NeverEnding

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuga View Post
I recovered my bedroom floor with Centiva vinyl/wood flooring. It is expensive, but we really like it. Be sure to request Centiva (there's nothing like it).

We have BLACK carpet in the front of the coach: it is wonderful. Doesn't show any stains or wear. It is made by Fabrica and is also very expensive. It came in the Newell when it was built in 1998 (it's durable!). If you want something that will last and not show any wear - use these products.

Tuga, have you had any problems with lint showing up on your black carpet? I'm sure it's great for stains and wear. Curious as to how much it shows because with a dark background I could imagine it might show lint, hair and so on more easily?

Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford
NeverEnding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:23 AM   #22
bigcatwally

Wow! Ya'll are great! Thank you for the overwhelming response.

Larry - Thanks but no thanks. I'd prefer to do this job myself.

To everyone with suggestions of the prego or like flooring. I will continue to read the pros and cons of the stuff before making an yay or nay decision. The idea of it getting scratched up easily is not a good selling point.

Michael - If the Newell coach factory primarily uses carpet or granite. What do you think is the reason behind that? Carpet because it's plush for the feet?

Mike - Yes, I want to do the job myself. Save some cash, learn something and I'll have the satisfaction of knowing I have some sweat equity!

Tuga - This Centiva product what kind of warranty does it have? If I was interested could I buy the materials and install myself? And when you say expensive what are we talking? What would you say are the benefits instead of using real wood?

Ken - Thanks for the information on what to stay away from. I don't want any future problems if at all possible. Don't need any moisture problems that's for darn sure!

Chester - I like the tongue and groove stuff. I think the pre finished wood is one of the top ideas on my list.

Ron - That rock hard maple looks beautiful! It makes the coach look specious and clean. Thanks for sharing the pictures. It helps me really get an idea of what I could do with my 79. Your 96 newell is looking tits with that dark granite!

Jay - I love the look of the stone. But perhaps you're right it probably is to heavy for my chassis?

Randy - You and me both, I'd like to see the cork flooring installed in a coach.

1979 Classic Newell Coach
1967 Ford Mustang
1969 Chevrolet El Camino SS
bigcatwally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:12 AM   #23
Neweller

Wally, thanks for all the great thoughts from the different ideas of members. Wow! That might be a record for members addressed in one post. You have a lot of

ammo here and you may end up with more before its over.

I wanted to let you know if you are interested or anyone else if your not, wants a commercial brand of laminate flooring, I have about 100 sqft which I figured would

do a coach about your size. Especially if your leaving the area around your bed and maybe the drivers area carpeted. The brand is called: Quick Step Elegance. It is

usually only installed by professional flooring companies and not available at home stores. I know a guy in your area that is the dealer for this brand and would sell you

any extra for cost. If you decided you wanted this product you can have it free of charge. I can ship it to you or if you can wait a 6-8 weeks, I'll be close to your

area working on some rental property and can meet up with you.

The pictures here are of the flooring with and without a flash. The brighter pics are closer to what it looks like.

Like I said, if Wally doesn't want it, and anyone else is interested, just let me know and we can work out the details.

Ken
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03169.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	2726   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03170.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	2727   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03171.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	2728   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03173.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	2729   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03174.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	2730  

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote