Open Stacker trailer - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
rellick

Default Open Stacker trailer

I was wondering if anyone out there has one of these open stacker trailers? Thinking about retrofitting mine with the upper ramp system. I would raise the front pivot a little more than this one, but I like the idea. Back the boat on then drive the yukon under!! Hook up to the Newell and off we go!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2_car_trailer1.jpg
Views:	4433
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	4258  

22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
rellick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:13 AM   #2
Neweller

Keith, I have looked at a few of these types of trailers. A few years ago I bought plans for this type of trailer from a guy off ebay and for the likes of me can't seem to find the info. Maybe when I clear out the cobwebs it will surface. Anyway, I have went over the same scenario with Marc (Mr Yachts) as he is wanting one as well but is thinking or dreaming more along the lines of an enclosed design to haul the wife SL and his ski boat. I have several pictures and designs I could post for more ideas. You are the welder and I suppose we could make them up there vs. down here or Mexico.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:28 AM   #3
rellick

Sounds awsome, I was thinking of making a travel cover of some kind just to keep the mud and rocks at bay. Kind of like a boat travel cover but have it go around the frame with either zippers or turn buckles so it can come off when you want. For the hyraulics I have some of those 12v pumps kicking around.
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
Old 06-16-2013, 01:41 AM   #4
Neweller

I just went out and took some pictures of a trailer I built a few years ago and it has a cover on it. I had a boat cover company sew up the cover and install zippers over in Colorado. You are already hooked up with the sewing machine. I call it my convertible trailer. I'm sizing the pics right now and will upload them shortly.

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 06-16-2013, 01:55 AM   #5
Neweller

Okay, here are some pictures of the beast. I have hauled cars in it and right now it's full of wood working equipment waiting for a new home. lol I need to have the front upper portion redone or maybe I'll have the whole top portion done in a lighter color. The dark tarp material that was used gets too hot and I wish I would have gone with maybe white or a lighter color.

This is just for ideas. Of course you have to design a modified trailer longer, without fenders and taller. But it could work. I was thinking of building another out of aluminum with the modifications. I could have sold this trailer a hundred times.

Here are three pics, as you can see we just had thunder showers and I have some weeding to do over in this area.

Click image for larger version

Name:	123.JPG
Views:	641
Size:	544.3 KB
ID:	4259Click image for larger version

Name:	1234.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	621.8 KB
ID:	4260Click image for larger version

Name:	12345.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	600.7 KB
ID:	4261

-Bob Marley
Old 06-16-2013, 02:16 AM   #6
Neweller

My wife the dear just corrected me and so I must confess, I bought the trailer as an open flatbed, then modified it later with the framing and covering. I also filled in the lower portion of the trailer with sheet metal. The deck is 16' and will haul smaller vehicles and stuff. The tarp covering can come off or you can unbolt the the whole frame and two guys can handle it. There are two bolts up front and four on each side. Of course aluminum would be a bit lighter and you could go with lightweight tarp. But for the most part, it seldom comes off. Being truck tarp material, it last for years.

-Bob Marley
Old 06-16-2013, 02:53 AM   #7
rellick

That would be nice to be able to just unbuckle the tarp to easily get at things, or for loading and unloading also for strapping down, rather than enclosed, it would be tricky doing so especially with a stacker.
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
Old 06-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #8
Chester B. Stone, Jr.

Neweller, in your post above, you seemed to indicate you are in Mexico. Where? I live in San Carlos, Sonora, 320 miles south of Tucson on the Sea of Cortez.
2001 Newell #579
tow a 2011 Honda Odyssey
1935 Mercedes 500K replica
Chester B. Stone, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #9
Neweller

Chester I'm not currently in Mexico. A group of us site members have been hashing around the idea of building some accessories for the Newell Coaches either here in the states, Canada or Mexico. I have a friend down in Mexico that builds exotic Lamborghini replica's. He had moved his company from Southern California, tells me he is getting better results for the 1/4 the price. I have traveled quite a few places in Latin America and would say you have picked a wonderful place hang out in your Newell down there in San Carlos. That was my uncles favorite place to RV year after year for many many years. What year did you first start staying down there? His name is Jim Johnson from Oregon.

-Bob Marley
Old 06-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #10
Yachts

If any one is building a stacker let me know.. I may be interested in going in with you.. 2 might give us both a better deal...
Yachts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #11
Chester B. Stone, Jr.

Neweller, I have been in San Carlos for 21 years. Yes, the talents of the Mexican tradesmen is impressive and the cost is much less than the US. I attribute the primary reason to the culture where young men usually join the family trade as an early teen and acquire a lifetime of knowledge in that single trade. Often machine tools are old, but they know how to make them work. This has been an helpful this last year in maintaining my Newell.

2001 Newell #579
tow a 2011 Honda Odyssey
1935 Mercedes 500K replica
Chester B. Stone, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote