Looking toward retirement from Nashville - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2012, 12:59 AM   #1
Bookman

Default Looking toward retirement from Nashville

Hello all,

My honey and I are just in the beginning research phase of motor coach shopping. We are thinking about retirement time when we hope to spend some significant time seeing the country. By way of introduction, I have a bit more than 1.5 millions miles of experience driving coaches, first for Trailways, and then for several entertainers over a number of years. That experience was all in Silver Eagles and MCIs. I got out of the coach driving world 21 years ago. As you can guess, a lot has changed during that time.

At this point in our research, I have carefully looked over several Prevosts, each converted by different companies. I had the pleasure of a slow-paced and thorough personal tour through a Wanderlodge LXi. I have had a lot of very helpful, very congenial conversation over at the Wanderlodge forum.

Now I am turning my attention to a couple of Country Coach models, especially the Concept Alpha, and to Newells. I have been watching ads for early 90s Newell models (I think they are model 2000) and reading the equipment lists in those ads. At this point I have some questions if I may.

1) Has Newell always had independent front suspension? If not, what year did they begin including it?

2) I know that answers to this question can be all over the table, but for those people who have owned or driven a variety of heavy pusher coaches, like Wanderlodge, Prevost, MCI, as well as Newell, how would you compare the ride of Newells from the early 90s to the other coaches from the same time period? My wife has medical issues that will require the softest, most comfortable ride that we can find.

Wow! What a way for a guy to introduce himself!

Thanks for your input.

Tom B
Bookman is offline   Reply With Quote