Any other mini rallies to come? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2009, 12:39 AM   #1
RoyG

Default Any other mini rallies to come?

Wondering if any other mini rallies are planned around the country like the one in Austin Texas???

Can't get away for the TX rally but wish I could to see how some of these Newell's are holding up. And how happy the ownership really is?

Roy

RoyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:43 AM   #2
fulltiming

It is as easy as 'doing it yourself'. Tuga started the idea for the one in the Texas/Louisiana area and it grew from there.

1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:37 AM   #3
RoyG

Well Fulltiming that would be for good starters if I owned a Newell. Don't know how many would show up for a Newell rally whent the host doesn't even own a Newell? Got to find that deal first and hey I'd be up for the idea in 2010 maybe?

Roy
Old 04-07-2009, 02:56 AM   #4
fulltiming

Roy, you might let others what part of the country you are in so some Newell owners in that part of the world might be interested in setting up a get together.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
Old 04-07-2009, 01:16 PM   #5
tuga

Default Second rally

Roy,

I think these rallies are about promoting knowledge and understanding of how a Newell works and how it is built. Ownership is really not a prerequiste. Matt & Connie (express1) are attending the Austin Rally and they don't own a Newell yet.

If you would like to put a rally together I am sure that you will get a lot of support from the participants of the Austin rally and other members of the forum too. Let me know what I can do to help when the time comes.

Good luck and good idea to have a second rally!
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #6
chockwald

Welcome Roy! We bought our coach a year ago in anticipation of retirement in 3-4 years. I wish there would have been a rally nearby that I could have attended to learn more about Newells, and if the owners really were happy with their purchase. As it turned out, they are very happy. After 13 months and 9,000 miles we love our Newell more than ever. Keep us posted on your thoughts for another mini-rally...we would be interested!
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:03 PM   #7
Richard and Rhonda

Roy,

I agree with Michael. Post your location, and I bet that someone withing driving distance would be willing to visit with you and give you a hands on education of all things Newell. That experience would be invaluable if you are seriously thinking of buying.

You might even consider flying into Austin for the weekend. I think there are some cabins at the resort where we are staying. You could visit and learn more about the cult than you want to know.

Finally, many of us are in that still working but planning for retirement. The market is really in the buyer's favor right now, especially for someone who isn't trying to sell one coach to buy another. I have found many opportunities to use our coach, short of the longer trips I have planned in a few years. My philosophy was not to wait until I retired to start doing the things that were on my bucket list.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:50 PM   #8
chockwald

Richard, I agree.....we started to travel 5 years ago in a Class C we purchased from a relative, and after a a couple of years we decided we want to fulltime when we retired....but why wait? There are too many things that can happen in the next 4 years. Every chance we get we take a trip...put on 9,000 miles in the last 13 months, and will go over 13,000 on this trip....not going to wait until it's too late. This will be our longest trip to date...almost 3,700 miles, and 3 weeks. Looking forward to the day when we head out for 6 months at a time!
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Old 04-07-2009, 07:06 PM   #9
RoyG

Thanks for all the great follow ups. I would love to do something involving a rally someday except I have to idea how a rally works since I have never been to such a thing. I am locate just north of Ceder City, Utah near the I-70 junction. If anyone in the area is planning something of the sort, please keep in mind. I will be checking the post here from time to time.

Roy
Old 04-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #10
encantotom

hi Roy,

i am in mesa, az, so if you ever get down this way please stop by.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:56 PM   #11
Neweller

Arrow

Roy, first off it is great to have you as a member of www.newellclassic.com!
It sounds as if you are smack dab between Las Vegas and Salt Lake City. You should be in a pretty good location to access some great recreation and be able to really enjoy a Newell Coach.

I am over in Colorado, so I'm not too far from ya. If the interest is there? I would be willing to host a rally gathering somewhere in the state of Colorado. I know we have some members in the region and hopefully they and others from elsewhere will be interested?

Ken
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:26 PM   #12
chockwald

Sign me up!
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Old 04-07-2009, 09:39 PM   #13
tuga

Depending on the dates, Karen & I would love to attend a rally in the Colorado/Utah area. Let us know when & where and we'll be ready to go. See Roy, you just started a second rally with Ken!

That wasn't hard was it?

To be truthful, I don't know anything about putting a rally together so Michael & I just decided to let the pieces fall together. It will be a work in progress. All I did was called LaHacienda RV Resort and asked them to block off 10 or 15 sites together. The rest kind of just happened. As far as food goes, we are having a pot luck supper the second night and maybe ordering pizza another night. We are just flying by the seat of our 11R24.5s!
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
Old 04-07-2009, 11:18 PM   #14
fulltiming

The real secret to putting on an impromptu rally such as these is finding an RV Park that is reasonably conveniently located to a number of potential attendees, that has some meeting room facilities and is willing to work with you on hosting the rally. The park in Austin is blocking out a group of sites for the participants, handling the reservations and offering the use of their clubhouse to use during the rally at no cost.

I have been involved in the planning and execution of many rallies, most of which involve meals and a rally registration fee and I will say definitively that it is a joy to be involved with a mini-rally like this that has no financial and catering requirements. Many parks will offer a discount if the rally meets a certain minimum number of sites.

Tuga came up with the idea for this rally and spent time on this board finding the best dates for the rally that would work out for the largest number of folks. So far, the anticipated turnout is even better than originally expected. We originally discussed Buckhorn Lake RV Resort, who I have worked with many times before, but they had a Marathon rally booked at the selected time.

La Hacienda RV Resort has been great to work with.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
Old 04-08-2009, 01:31 PM   #15
Richard and Rhonda

Colorado ????? That's a terrible location, why would I want to leave the heat and flat scenery of Texas for place like Colorado?

When do we leave?

I agree about the impromptu, play it by ear. I like that much better than a totally planned event.

We'll be spending a few days in Moab mid June, if you want to come down and talk Newell.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:59 AM   #16
RoyG

Smile

Looking forward to the possibility of a mini rally in Colorado someday too. Whether or not we are Newell owners on that future occasion.

Roy
Old 04-13-2009, 04:37 AM   #17
Neweller

Ok, I will do some leg work on finding a suitable park that will accommodate a clan of Newell Coaches. I'm sure most prefer pull-thru sites w/50 amp hook-ups? Once that is narrowed down, I'll post the options etc......

Ken
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:20 AM   #18
fulltiming

50 amp, necessary. Pull-thru sites are certainly preferred.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
Old 04-13-2009, 12:31 PM   #19
tuga

Default Tiger Run

Ken,

Tiger Run RV Resort in Breckenridge is a nice place. Newell Coach had several rallies there and we attended one of them. It was a beautiful setting on the Blue River 9 miles from Breckenridge. Only down side was the altitude; it takes a few days to get used to the thin air. Breckenridge is at 9800' altitude. I have found that taking one asperin per day three days before arrival in Breckenridge helps thin the blood and reduces the headaches and shortness of breath.

Just a thought!
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
Old 04-13-2009, 01:35 PM   #20
zcasa

Yes, Tiger Run is a very nice place with lots of activities nearby, including the 470 mile Colorado Trail that goes right to Tiger Run. The downside, is that many of the Pine trees are being felled by the Pine Beetle kill and so some of the hillsides are no longer so pretty. That doesn't stop us from going to Tiger Run every summer. There is another luxury RV Park in Creede, CO. It is on the river and being developed by a former CEO of a very high end swimsuit public company. I have been told that if we stayed there 40 days we could adventure onto 40 different Jeep trails. I'll try and get the website and post it later.

Have a good day. Off to Austin on Wednesday come Hell or High Water.

David

zcasa is offline   Reply With Quote