Upgrading from my current Class A - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
Racer3001

Default Upgrading from my current Class A

I am looking to upgrade from my current Class A. One brand that looks good is the Newell's made in Miami, OK. I don't have much familiarity with their quality of units produced.

About the only manufacturers that consistently rate highly are Tiffin and Foretravel.

I would love to hear from other Newell owners. Please tell me about the good, the bad and the ugly if there is any.

Thanks much for your help.

Devon

Old 05-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
NewellCrazy

Welcome Devon,

Newell Coach is known as a top tier manufacturer and as a Newell owner I can tell you that besides maybe a Prevost there is not another coach brand in the same class as a Newell Coach.

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
77newell

Devon: welcome to the board. The good is that Newell builds well thought-out coaches using great materials mostly custom made for a particular owner. The bad is that the coaches have gained considerable complexity over the years in Newell's efforts to provide owners with all the bells and whistles they could pine for. This means there are more things that can go wrong and the cost of fixing them likely has increased as well. The ugly is that some owners just don't take proper care of their Newell coaches and even a great coach can become really messed up.

Without understanding all this 10 years ago I bought a 77 coach that continues to amaze me at what continues to work properly while at the same time I've had to invest non-trivial (to me anyway) effort and money getting it back to really nice and right. Now having understood all this, I just bought a 93 Newell and really didn't consider another brand. If your wife likes it and it has had a good owner there is no better motorhome on the planet. If your wife doesn't like it, it doesn't matter who built it.
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #4
folivier

Like Jon when we decided to buy a newer larger coach my short list was Newell and no others. There are sweet spots depending on whether you do a lot of the work or prefer to pay someone else to do it.
One of the biggest advantages Newell has over all of the other brands is the factory support. Truly a 24/7/365 access to a service manager to answer questions or get help. They will tell you or your mechanic how to fix or repair anything. A visit to the factory is an amazing experience.
The only bad thing is the lack of used coaches. They are a custom builder and each coach is different somewhat and they only build 30-40 or so coaches each year.
There is a reason Newells are quite heavy (my '98 45' weighs about 50,000#) and that is quality. All of the components are top notch.
Good luck in your search.
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:01 AM   #5
Neweller

Devon to the website and message board. I agree wholeheartedly with the others that if you're looking to for a pure luxury in a coach than the Newell is a top choice. Ask anything you would like about the coach and we will surely try to stir you straight.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:48 AM   #6
cdat

Trust these guys, we had regular motorhomes, so called "stick and staples", finally were able to get a deal on a 91 Newell. You will be stunned with the difference in in quality, even over Foretravel and the high end Newmars. The build quality is incredible, the chassis is build like a tank, ( from a former tanker in the US Army), driving mine makes me feel like I'm floating going down the road. When you find one you are interested, get the info on it, post it here, then listen to what these folks tell you, you won't be disappointed.

John
cdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:31 AM   #7
Newell Attack

You need a newell to stop your motorhome drool

Jeff & Leann Shackly
Newell Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:38 AM   #8
Wheeler

If you decide to upgrade I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #9
1993Newell

Reading this forum you will find out the good, the bad, and the ugly. There are many Newell owners on this forum who have owned more than one Newell coach. That's gotta tell you something! They're addicting to own.

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #10
Will Procter

I wouldn't own anything but a Newell Coach. When I first started rving I had an old Class A and it was junk compared to my Newell. Newell's are built like tanks and built to last lifetimes.

Detroit 60 Series 515 HP Engine

Some people call me the Space Cowboy
Will Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #11
speedingsport

Other brand motorhomes don't compare to luxury coaches. The Newell Coach is a superior coach if you upgraded I believe you would be very happy with a Newell Coach. I could however be a tad bias.

speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote