best enclosed trailer for hauling my RZR XP4 900 LE - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
PHANTOM

Default best enclosed trailer for hauling my RZR XP4 900 LE

For those of you who pull enclosed trailers for your ATVs/UTVs... What is the best enclosed trailer for hauling a RZR XP4 900 LE ? What enclosed trailers brand do you own and why? What do you like about them? What don't you like about them? Thanks!

PHANTOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
The Newell

get an enclosed V-nose that the front door also folds down to unload from. Get at least two lights in it. I'm not partial to any particular brand, but get an aluminum one that won't rust.

Happy Trailer Hunting,

Joseph

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
cdat

You can go with anything from an Interstate up to a custom Featherlite, depends on what you want to spend. As Joseph said, aluminum won't rust and is usually lighter then a steel trailer of the same size. A V nose with a front door makes it easy to haul other items, ie: BBQs, chairs etc, and if the door drops down very easy to unload items. That being said, don't fall for the "V nose saves fuel" from a salesman, makes no difference when it comes to fuel savings. I would also second getting a couple of lights, and I'd go for a rear "ramp" door with an electric winch lift. My last trailer, I put kitchen type flooring in, nice black and white checked, up to about the halfway mark on the walls, just hosed it out and took a squeegee to it when I was done, kept it clean.
cdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
Newell Attack

I'd tow something with good aerodynamics. V nose would be a good option, or at least a trailer with lower height than your coach.

Jeff & Leann Shackly
Newell Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:49 PM   #5
Chester B. Stone, Jr.

If you travel in California, watch your overall length.
2001 Newell #579
tow a 2011 Honda Odyssey
1935 Mercedes 500K replica
Chester B. Stone, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:39 AM   #6
PDN

Check out JIMGLO Trailers - Car Trailers | JIMGLO Trailers

PDN
2004 Newell #685
2004 Newell Coach Quad Slide 45' #685
PDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:24 AM   #7
larryweikart

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1041.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	4161Here's a pic of ours which was built with the DBX system. There are no axles on this trailer which give us pass-thru storage and you can probably tell that it is Air suspended and has 4 wheel air brakes. I believe the most important features on a trailer is plenty of braking power, proper tires for the weight you intend to carry, excellent suspension and a very strong hitch.
1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:09 AM   #8
Neweller

Here is a direct link to the JimGlo Trailers that "PDN" posted above. I am really impressed with the accessibility of those trailers if your hauling cars or toys. Truly an amazing design. I had seen there trailers years ago but never new they were building a slick setup like that. The video is in high resolution so you can blow it up full screen if you choose. Thanks for sharing that wonderful link.

[video=youtube;C6Tjs3cjwD0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=C6Tjs3cjwD0[/video]

Larry, your trailer is also a very slick sounding setup. I would love to see an inside pick of how the floor is. I have never used a trailer without axles and that could have several advantages for sure. So it must operate spindles and such off the main frame with air bags huh? hmm....
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #9
larryweikart

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1110.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	4163Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1121.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	4162Here's an inside pic of the top part as I have never taken any pics of the bottom as it is always too packed to get any good ones. It was built by Angola Coach back when they were converting Prevosts. You're correct Ken, the spindles are attached to the steel box which becomes the base for the construction of the rest of the trailer. I have over 300,000 miles on it and have had very few problems and it pulls behind the Newell like it isn't even there. Because of its size backing up is very easy.
1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
Old 05-27-2013, 04:59 PM   #10
Neweller

That is one slick setup Larry! Who would have known you were sporting a commercial kitchen in your trailer. I always thought you were dragging around other gear like one of those event tents or something. My daughter Erika would sure love this unit, since she's a cooking machine herself.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #11
stewart33

Larry that is a cool trailer. What's one like that cost?
stewart33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #12
larryweikart

In 1996 the base was 40G's and the finished product was just shy 0f 100, but that includes very expensive commercial restaurant equipment. We have 2 and one will be for sale this fall for substantially less as we are semi-retiring.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:33 PM   #13
stewart33

Larry, Oh I believe it, I know that commercial restaurant equipment isn't cheap.
stewart33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:03 PM   #14
Yachts

I might be interested in the one you are selling
Yachts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:37 PM   #15
RV Fun

I have an ATC trailer and also have 900. Great trailer!
RV Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #16
1993Newell

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdat View Post
You can go with anything from an Interstate up to a custom Featherlite, depends on what you want to spend. As Joseph said, aluminum won't rust and is usually lighter then a steel trailer of the same size. A V nose with a front door makes it easy to haul other items, ie: BBQs, chairs etc, and if the door drops down very easy to unload items. That being said, don't fall for the "V nose saves fuel" from a salesman, makes no difference when it comes to fuel savings. I would also second getting a couple of lights, and I'd go for a rear "ramp" door with an electric winch lift. My last trailer, I put kitchen type flooring in, nice black and white checked, up to about the halfway mark on the walls, just hosed it out and took a squeegee to it when I was done, kept it clean.
John like the commercial grade kitchen flooring?

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote