Interested in Purchasing Newell - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2003, 08:20 PM   #1
Marc Hobbie

Default Interested in Purchasing Newell

1982 38' with 6V92 turbo. Coach has 150k miles, Allision 5 speed auto. Bus exterior has been stripped and is ready for paint. Does anyone have any idea what this coach is worth? I am looking at purchasing it from an on-line seller. Given the above information, is there anything undesireable about this coach? Does anyone have anything similar that they are selling? Let me know! Thanks! I am interested in becoming a Newell owner.

Marc Hobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 02:57 AM   #2
J Clark

I would put the value on an '82 in excellent condition in the low $50K range. It does have the 6V92 & 5 speed which is a desireable drivetrain. I don't know if the 8V92 was offered in '82, but that would be even more desireable, but the 6V is much better than some of the obsolete Cummins engines also offered in that era. If in less than excellent condition, use caution because refurbishment gets expensive quickly. Factory quality paint can cost $10,000-$25,000. Excellent condition also means updated interior. Neutral colors using quality fabrics or leather is important, also expensive. If in original, yet dated condition, you may pick it up much cheaper. Bottom line is don't spend all your money to aquire the coach. Keep plenty in reserve for the many things you may discover it needs after you buy it. Good luck!
J Clark is offline   Reply With Quote