1984 Newell Coach Will Rust Residue Compromise Brakes - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
Mountain Man

Default 1984 Newell Coach Will Rust Residue Compromise Brakes

I spoke with an owner of a 1984 newell that has been sitting for quite some time. I was told that the brakes had a layer of rust on them. I know it will wear off with use but will the rust residue compromise the brakes?

Mountain Man

Mountain Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
MrE

When you say "sitting for quite some time", I'm thinking the brakes are just the tip of the iceberg. You might also want to search this forum for all the other issues that coaches sitting for long periods have.

1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
NewellCrazy

I'd say there's a good chance that unit has some lot rot although it can be rectified with a little time and money. If the price is right and engine & tranny check out go for it if your a DIY person. Take Jon's advice and search this forum for a ton of information.

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:55 AM   #4
JustDustin

I agree the coach can be restored with some time and money. If you have both you may have found yourself a deal.
JustDustin is offline   Reply With Quote