michelin advantage tire purchase program - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2011, 03:53 AM   #1
encantotom

Default michelin advantage tire purchase program

have any of you used the michelin advantage tire purchase program that is available through fmca? are the prices cheaper than normal and was it an easy process?

thanks

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:30 AM   #2
RussWhite

Tom,

I have used it. It could be done so much better. I have a long trail of emails between myself, FMCA, and Michellin on this program.

Executive summary:

FMCA does not give you a way to determine the program price prior to purchase. That gave me a problem. There is a pdf with prices and some tire sizes but they are not guaranteed to be the actual price you will be invoiced for AFTER you make the purchase. They would like you to make the purchase and then find out what you will have to pay. That did not set well with me. With a direct request to FMCA I was able to get the program price. My local Michelin dealer said they could not ge the program price, but the expected it would be less than they would charge me as an individual. Well, that turned out to be wrong. On the front tires the program price was considerably less than the local dealer, on the rear tires it was MORE. Go figure!

Here are two names and emails for you to contact:

FMCA Kathy Gebhart kgebhart@fmca.com

Michelin Bill Walmsley bill.walmsley@us.mechelin.com

Below was the pricing I finally got out of Michelin and local dealer -
I purchased the front tires and am waiting to get rears later as local dealer raised the price after giving me a written quote. I will not do business under those circumstances.

My fronts are 315/80R 22.5 XZA2 Load Range L Catalog Number 76184 9090 lb. maximum load
FMCA 586.18 and FED 52.83 plus mount and balance 38 plus disposal 1.35 plug stems 5.59 and tax at 9.5%
For 2 tires that seems to come to : $1,497.85
I did request and get very fresh date codes.

Good luck - Russ

RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:44 PM   #3
batpilot7300

Tom/Russ, We were at the factory a few weeks ago, talked about tires,they said about 700 ea,can't remember the exact price but do remember thinking about 4400 for back tires
98DS45L #476
Granbury TX
batpilot7300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #4
encantotom

my truck tire guy says that with the advantage program it saves about 200 each tire for michelin xza2 energy 31580r22.5.

he said he does it frequently and was very familiar with the program.

he said about 700 each tire inclusive of all taxes plus about 45 each for mount, balance and stems etc.

btw, he also recommended NOT balancing the drive axle wheels. he said it wouldnt make any different. opinions from you guys?

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote