Is it necessary to cover the tires on the coach when sitting? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
Randy J

Question Is it necessary to cover the tires on the coach when sitting?

I read somewhere a few months back. that it's recommend that you cover your tires completely. when staying for extended periods of time?
Is this necessary? Why? and how? If this something that needs to be done. what should I cover them with?

1991 Newell Coach
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun.”

"Sometimes I pretend to be Normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being me." lol!
Randy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
lbrachfe

Covers are a waste. micheling does say that if you are parked on concrete for a month or more a moisture barrier between the tire and ground will preserve emolients and moisture in the tires. Like a strip of plastic. I think it's mostly nonsense and have had tires in the sun in Florida for extended periods and have never experienced any cracking or even fading.

lbrachfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
77newell

I've used covers at times. I can't see much difference in the side that used them and the side that didn't. Having said that, the covers don't cost much, it's a small bet with an unknowable payoff. I would go with what you are comfortable with with since there are too many variables to provide a definitive answer.

Jon - 77 coach with Civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:14 PM   #4
Randy J

Thanks. Leeann was worried about it. So we though it would be smart. to check what others do. I guess we won't worry about it for now.

1991 Newell Coach
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun.”

"Sometimes I pretend to be Normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being me." lol!
Randy J is offline   Reply With Quote