Endless Possibilities for Upgrading Newell Dash Designs and Gauges - Sharing Ideas - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Go Back   Luxury Coach Lifestyles > Technical Exchange > Upgrades and Customization
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log in Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2013, 02:10 AM   #1
Neweller

Default Endless Possibilities for Upgrading Newell Dash Designs and Gauges - Sharing Ideas

Ok, this thread is dedicated to John (Cdat) as a place to dialog about other upgrades besides Silverleaf. While investigating the idea, I have found several other sources for wonderful dash and instrument cluster upgrades. This stuff is not rocket science anymore and much is available. In fact if you seen the owner of Newell Coaches new 2013 Newell, it has a one of a kind dash when it comes to Newell's, well it did a few months ago when they were building it. I could only imagine other new customers are desiring the upgrade as well. Anyway, while in my research I have ran across some pretty cool options out there in the luxury RV coach world and I will share some things and welcome others to as well.

Available are even some very cool touch screen gauge clusters that are fully solid state LCD upgraded Luxury Coach Controls. Best of all, they are ready for your beloved coach whether it be a Newell or Bus Conversion etc..... These systems are not prejudice. Going with e-logic/optic is the future now!

Some Pictures forthcoming!

Here's a Full Solid-State Upgrade for all mechanical and entertainment systems. Talk about getting rid of a bunch of heavy wiring, this does the trick!

Click image for larger version

Name:	eplexcircle_120505.LCL.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	3768

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:37 AM   #2
NewellCrazy

now that's cool Ken. What does a system like that set someone back?

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:19 AM   #3
Neweller

Sean, it cost a whole lot less than if you order it new in a factory Newell, I'll tell you that much. Things are kind of backwards now days or maybe they were backwards before. What I mean, is back when I would talk to the old boys in the dealership parts houses about how much they stroke you for replacement OEM parts, they would respond and agree and tell me; Ken, it would cost 3-4 times the amount to put an auto or truck together buying everything off the shelf from a dealer compared to what it costs to buy a whole new vehicle. Crazy Right!

Now days with all the aftermarket goodies out there and the different things you can upgrade a motor coach with, it's actually cheaper to redo a lot of things yourself or by a third party vender, if you know what your up against and do your homework. Anyways, enough of that BS. Here's some picture for you old whipper snappers.

These two examples are for touch screen gauge clusters. You have dozens of already programmed presets available and believe it or not you can create your own to rock your personal desires. Besides all sorts of glowing features as well. Now were setting the mood baby! Just touch the screen and change your preferences at the stroke of your finger, its that easy. And this particular system below is less than $900 bucks. The manufacture has a smaller model for less and a couple larger models for more dinero.

Name:	G12CModule800W.LCL.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	3769Click image for larger version

Name:	G24NModuleCarBlue_800W.LCL.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	3770

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 04-03-2013, 05:47 AM   #4
SharkRacing

Wow Ken, this would make for a great update. ARe there other color options available?

2005 45' Quad Slide
Featherlite Enclosed

The rest is too long to list.
SharkRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #5
larryweikart

Nice stuff Ken. Are you for hire before you head for Belize, or where ever you end up. I can't pay much but it would be green! By the way, when are you getting off your butt and enjoying your next Newell?
1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #6
cdat

Nice, I was just going to move a few gauges, but this opens all kinds of possibilities.
cdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #7
1993Newell

I know it sure is nice but I don't know if I would remember how to work and control it all.

On a serious note for some of you techy guys this would be a real treat.

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #8
folivier

I can see it now......Ipad with all of my gauges, sitting in my Villa leather recliner driving my coach with my mouse!
Sounds like it would be fun until Mr. Microsoft locks up!
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #9
NewellCrazy

The glass dash upgrade would make for some cool looks and features in an older Newell. We need a volunteer to upgrade their dash. cdat where are you? J/K. The following pictures show the upgrade process on a Marathon Prevost Bus.

This installation replaced the original Volvo gauge cluster in a Prevost bus conversion. With the use of real carbon fiber and a small modification to the stock Prevost gauge cluster surround, the VMS 640CL Glass Dash is a spectacular addition to the Prevost bus!

Various Stages Of Installation

Name:	PrevostCollage.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	3779Click image for larger version

Name:	PrevostFinished.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	3780

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #10
cdat

I'm willing to give it a try, but as retired military, who's going to supplement the bank account?
Old 04-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #11
Neweller

Here is a 2013 Cadillac XTS LCD Instrument Cluster being demonstrated by one of their engineers. Give's one an idea of how manufacturers are going in this direction on luxury automobiles. Of course the option should be much easier in a luxury motor coach with all the ample room to work around things. The idea here is to allow a persons imagination run wild if he so chooses.

This is a short video. A friend of mine actually had a customized dash they built like this Caddy installed in a 4WD Diesel PU for his company's wheel and performance parts display during the 2012 SEMA Show. It's going to be something they plan on offering to the truck scene maybe later this year.

[video=youtube;VCIgIy64JA8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=VCIgIy64JA8&NR=1[/video]

-Bob Marley
Old 04-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #12
GORDON HUMMEL

In response to Forest's comments on Windows locking up, I've post a good article in the humor section "Windows vs. Ford" which is somewhat true.
1991 41.5' #266
8v92
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT Toad
Fulltime on the road
GORDON HUMMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #13
Neweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdat View Post
I'm willing to give it a try, but as retired military, who's going to supplement the bank account?
John, from all the money you saved on that sweet deal you acquired vs. some of the other luxury coaches I know you were looking at, you should have a couple of bucks left over to spend. The least I can do for you since you have served this country for such a long stint, is to hook you up with some insider knowledge.

Gordon, like Jon (MrE) stated in another post, never rely on anything Bill Gates has touched. Maybe it's all the Mercury in the shots he likes to hand out around the world?

-Bob Marley
Old 04-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #14
86loco

What wonderful news and inspring information. This is right up my brothers alley whom is wanting to take the '86 off our hands.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:51 AM   #15
cdat

LMAO twice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neweller View Post
John, from all the money you saved on that sweet deal you acquired vs. some of the other luxury coaches I know you were looking at, you should have a couple of bucks left over to spend. The least I can do for you since you have served this country for such a long stint, is to hook you up with some insider knowledge.

Gordon, like Jon (MrE) stated in another post, never rely on anything Bill Gates has touched. Maybe it's all the Mercury in the shots he likes to hand out around the world?
Old 04-04-2013, 03:24 AM   #16
speedingsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neweller View Post

Ken that Bill Gates comment had me laughing out loud.

speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote