Creede, girl talk - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
prairieschooner

Default Creede, girl talk

Hello, This is for the ladies.......So guys, get your other half on and let us do some chatting....What are we going to do while the guys are talking engines and the such. although I do what to be inform regarding our coach. Lets face it, it does get a little old. I am game to go see some sights, go to lunch in town..or have a afternoon of whatever...I am game , what about you? We are towing my car and it seats four more people. Tricia.

1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #2
encantotom

i will pass it on to darlene. she did spend an afternoon fixing tuga's blinds in austin and showed how to make bread from scratch and bake it in the convection oven for some of the ladies last time.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:41 PM   #3
zcasa

Hey Steve and Tricia:

Denise has researched the theater of Creede. It is very nice and would be a great night out for the group. Go to the Theater for Creede on Google and read about what is playing and when and maybe we can phone the Theater and ask for a group rate and everyone can phone that would like to go and reserve their own tickets? I know, that Denise and I, would love to do this and the more the merrier. Did I say that somewhere else, Clarke? Maybe you can PM your email to us and you and Denise can make some plans for the group???? Would be fun to do something nice one evening with the group.
zcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:58 PM   #4
encantotom

we would like to go to the theatre.

tom and darlene

Old 07-03-2009, 09:08 PM   #5
Richard and Rhonda

Tricia,

Hey, I resemble that remark, I am SO wounded.

Seriously, I'll get Rhonda on line, but she will still be somewhat limited in walking because of a minor incident earlier in the spring :-) You 'll be plenty entertained at her busting my chops, the theatre will come to you.

If this get together is anything like the wing ding in Austin, I think you will find the guys and their lovely brides to conversant in all manner of things not associated with diesel fumes. For example, we could talk about cars or power tools. :-)

Some will be going out for bike rides (if we remember our little shorts) and hikes.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:16 PM   #6
encantotom

this is darlene's response.

I'm game for whatever comes along! Would love to do some sightseeing -- if someone else figures out where to go. Might also have to bring the guys along on this one. Also, window shopping and lunch are great too. As always, just visiting is good. We can also play games. I love to play games, but Tom usually doesn't, so I usually have to recruit people to play with me -- that would be all of you ladies!!!!!! It would also be nice to have a pot luck or two in the evenings. We did this in Austin and it was a lot of fun. Anything you want to do is fine with me -- I just usually roll with the punches. Let me know. We also have a CRV that can get us places. Thanks. Darlene.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:27 PM   #7
zcasa

Ok, the following is a show on Aug. 5th at 7:30PM. Tickets range from $19-29 all inclusive. For a group of 10-19, 15% off that price. For 20 or more, 20% off. The website is www.creederep.org

Check this out, it has an excellent reputation and people love it. Should we get more interest, I will phone the theater again and reserve some tickets until a date certain for anyone to phone in their request and card number.

Talk about the battle of the sexes. Read below.

David

Book by Michael Hollinger
Music, Lyrics and Story by Michael Hollinger and Vance Lehmkuhl
Rating: PG
It’s 1941, and the Society for the Preservation and Encouragement of Barber Shop Quartet Singing in America (S.P.E.B.S.Q.S.A) is holding a competition to find the best Barbershop Quartet in America. The only catch: No Girls Allowed. But with the help of fake moustaches, bad suits, and great voices, a fearless foursome of females turns the singing contest into a hilarious battle of the sexes. This delightful musical comedy blends toe-tapping tunes, high-energy farce, and unexpected romance to make a very wonderful noise!
Old 07-04-2009, 02:15 AM   #8
prairieschooner

I'm think that I'm game for the Theater but I need to ask first.

Steve
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-04-2009, 03:34 AM   #9
chockwald

I'm not a girl, but I'd like to go to the theater...sign us up!
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #10
prairieschooner

I love all of the response.. And Steve and I will go to the theater for sure. We did go to that site and it looks like fun. I need to go back to the sight and check it out again. I thought a different play was going to be on while we were there. I would love to see a play about barber shop quartet. My older brother used to belong to the society and was in a large group and a quartet. I loved going to watch their performances. They use alot of comedy and it makes for a fun night. It looked like another play was going to be showing, do we know for sure what they will be doing while we are there. Are there any quilters out there. I have to hit the quilt shops along the way. I have some hand sewing that I am bringing. I usually carry it around, but to be honest, I don't usually get much done while we are on vacation. I love window shopping, and looking at art. It looks like they have a few places to check out, But the guys will most likely want to do some of that stuff also. I think that it would be fun to get away for a lunch. What about a cocktail, get together at the coaches in the early evening? Anyway, I am looking forward to meeting all of you, and getting on the road. This is our first time putting on so many miles, and we are going to see places that we have not seen or experienced before. Talk to all of you later, Tricia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-06-2009, 03:39 PM   #11
prairieschooner

Thank you David, I went back to the site, and we are interested in going on Aug. 5th at 7:30 to Wonderful Noise. When should we contact them for tickets, so we can all go together? Tricia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #12
encantotom

Darlene is a mega sewer. a variety of machines from oil bath factory juki to computer controlled embroidery and does quilting as well. she loves to look at fabric type things and we could open up a shop at our house with what she has now (like i could for a variety of other things).

what we found at austin is that we didnt plan very much and i must say that is what i like. we just basically all hung out together and did things with each other. i am not there to go do things on my own as i travel alot and am there to be with the gang. we ate together most every nite in some form, either impromptu pot lucks which were a ball or going out. during the day the guys worked on each others coaches and talked about whatever we felt like and it was really fun.

if it gets too schedulee, i will go into schedule shock. i work where meetings and calendars rule my life and will avoid that at all costs.....(except i know we need to set up a nite for the play).

thats my 2 cents worth and you get what you pay for

tom

Old 07-06-2009, 11:03 PM   #13
zcasa

Ok, thanks everyone. I will call the Creede Theater and ask to reserve some tickets for a week or so, in order to allow for anyone interested to phone the theater and purchase your tickets. I will post the phone number and particulars as soon as I visit with the Theater folks. This will be a very fun night out for any of us that want to go. Maybe we can find a restaurant in town to eat beforehand. I'l check it out.

For those of us that are novices with these coaches, I would love to have Tom and Richard give us a couple of seminars on routine maintenance and upkeep of the Newell's. If you guys could do this, maybe we could schedule a few times for this? Hopefully, we can have a get together each evening for a potluck dinner, except theater night, which would be the 5th. The 6th is a definite pot luck evening as many of us will be leaving the 7th. We are just four weeks away.

Have a good evening.

DAvid
Old 07-07-2009, 12:18 AM   #14
chockwald

I would enjoy injecting a little currency into the local economy with a couple of meals out, and the theater outing, but don't want to get to scheduled. The pot lucks are great, and a time for impromptu sharing, and getting to know each other.
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:37 AM   #15
encantotom

between richard, michael and i, we can talk your legs off on this stuff. i would love to show what systems i have updated and why and such and between us we can cover series 60 and the camper engine, the 8v92/6v.

lets lay low on the scheduling, and just do it. when a calendar with times shows up, i don't, not unless you are going to pay my hourly rate....and trust me, its steep.

later

tom

Old 07-08-2009, 03:15 AM   #16
prairieschooner

I think that Tricia just wanted to be part of the group, she like to go places and see things with others.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-08-2009, 04:56 AM   #17
encantotom

darlene loves to hang out, play games, make stuff, sew, go places and buy stuff.

i love to talk newell, fix newell, spend on newell and fix newell.

tom

Old 07-08-2009, 11:57 AM   #18
zcasa

That all sounds good. No worries on scheduling. Tom can just spend the night in our camper, that way I'm hoping to avoid his fee. lol. I'll work on the theater stuff and post soon.

Have a good day and hello from Hotlanta. Life is good.

David
Old 07-09-2009, 04:28 PM   #19
prairieschooner

Hey again. Looking forward to the theater, spending time with all of you, and hanging out. Hoping we have the most perfect weather of course. We are bringing the bikes, so, hoping to get on them for some excersie. We do not want any tight schedules either, but we do want to fish and just see as much as possible. So, that's my story. Tricia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #20
jmacstack

If I were going to Creede, I think I would be the only gal hanging with the guys engaged in Rig talk! Wish I were heading to Creede, so I could meet you all! Have a blast! Jennifer

1987 Newell, 40ft #143
DD 8V92 Silver
2010 Cannondale Tandem
No Name Tandem Mtn Bike
1973 Triumph GT6
2012 AWD 4-door Mini-Cooper
3 Ford Trucks
Just another fanatical motorhead
jmacstack is offline   Reply With Quote