State Park Maximum Space Allowed - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
CoachCrazy

Default State Park Maximum Space Allowed

I'm looking at going to state parks and see that most list spaces in this fashion C9(53) for example meaning space C9 is 53 feet. I also see that they often say that the number of vehicles allowed is 2.

So here is my question:

If the space is 53 feet does this mean that I must be able to park both my tow vehicle and my motorhome within that given 53 feet or is there also an area separate from the RV pad for parking the tow vehicle?

I've scanned the state park literature but to no avail have I been able to find the answer.

Thanks for you help and responses.

CoachCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #2
folivier

Many state parks we've been to have a separate parking space nearby. Also you may be able to park alongside your coach (your yard area).

1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #3
The Newell

You'll find both. It just depends on the park. They often say not to park on the grass. Usually you try to angle your car in such a way that you're either across one end of the site or you can park straight on at either the front or back. The only way to find out for sure is to ask. Some of the newer parks actually have a paved space for the RV and another for the car. It's really nice when they do that. Others are more cramped and sometimes it takes some maneuvering.

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:47 PM   #4
Randy J

I'm glad people are asking about this. We haven't stayed. in any state parks in our Newell yet. but plan to come spring.

1991 Newell Coach
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun.”

"Sometimes I pretend to be Normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being me." lol!
Randy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #5
NewellCrazy

We have stayed at a number of state parks and some have extra parking but only a few. One should try to park the unit and the tow in the space you pay for.

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:51 AM   #6
CoachCrazy

Thanks for the replies. As I suspected "it depends". It would be nice if the Woodalls directory included this bit of information. And yes, I should call but I did not want spend the time calling 50+ parks to find out each ones peculiarities.
CoachCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #7
GypsyCliff

Have you checked Trailer Life Campground Directory? Mine gives a pretty detailed information on public as well as private parks, including facility ratings, site sizes, pull thrus and back ins, etc.

1976 Newell Coach W/Cummins Engine
GypsyCliff is offline   Reply With Quote