Hello from North Texas! - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2010, 04:08 AM   #1
AW Smith

Default Hello from North Texas!

We are Aaron and Pamela Smith from North Texas. We have a 1988 40' w/tag. Powered by a 8V92T which makes great power. We love our coach, we purchased it about a year ago for a project and renovation. We love the Classics and projects. I have not started any of the interior renovations yet. We been having too much fun in it to take it apart yet. I have learned so much from all the great posts and info on this site, so thanks to all... I did install and inmotion sat kvh and a HD moto sat with new tvs. We are getting ready for the next football events and other tail gate sessions with our friends and family. I did change out all 10 airbags and shocks after inspection of the brake system. Wow what a difference in ride.. We have put 10K miles on it on several test runs. What a joy... One of the best adds so far has been the HID headlight kit. The origanal lights were not so good. Next step is renovate the inside with new furniture, flooring, etc.. The 22yr old coach needs a little upgrading...Hope to meet you all on the road.
AWS
Old 12-30-2010, 04:25 AM   #2
chockwald

Would be interested in information in the HID headlight kit. Our '82 still has original headlights and I am not too impressed.

Welcome, officially, to the forum. We'll be very interested in the interior renovations you make, so be sure to take lots of pictures and give us updates. Always great to add another Classic owner!
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
express1

Default Welcome

Aaron, I'm sure you will have great times ahead....We (I) truly enjoy my KVH in motion HD sat system....I only watch HD.....ONLY. We have had no problems with unit....You must have a destacker to operate second receiver. But we have run hdmi for the bay area...
if you think my spellin is bad, you should sea my handwritten. #437 w/flex toad (STAY AWAY FROM LARRY BELL aka larrynjeri) he is a lier and a lock picker.
express1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:47 PM   #4
Bill & Sonja

Aaron, great to see you join the forum. Hope to see pictures of your coach. You don't happen to have the part numbers for those air bags handy do you? I've changed a tag bag but haven't started looking for the rest yet.
Bill & Sonja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:04 AM   #5
AW Smith

Thanks to all for the warm welcomes..

Clarke, the HID headlight kit I installed was ordered of brightheadlight.com the part# is XP4656. These kit are high priced though, but they make your coach have headlights like a new cadillac. WOW what a difference they make. I will send a pic when I learn how down load for computer..

Express 1, What a cool coach you have. I installed a two SAT system on my rig KVB and MOTO-SAT. Do you run a de-stacker on you coach? Tell me about yours the de-stacker Looks like a great option... What bracket did you use for the TV in the Bay??

Bill, The Tag axle air-bags were different on mine. The other eight on my coach part# PN NBD9661/1T15T3 firestone.. However I ordered mine thru Inland Truck Parts in Denton Texas and they could only get Goodyear airbags in that quanity I needed. They were $185ea. Some how I can not find the receipt, when I do I will send the the Part #s for the Goodyear Bags. I thought they was priced reasonable, but I did not shop around though..

I'm still trying to learn the site, and I dont know how to post pics? from laptop? how do I put them in my album?

Thanks
AWS
Old 01-03-2011, 12:21 PM   #6
Richard and Rhonda

Welcome AW,

Did you buy the coach from the guy in Fort Worth? If so, let me know. I did some work on the coach and I can fill you in on what I did and saw.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:10 PM   #7
chockwald

Thanks for the headlight info AW! I'll check it out.

To attach pictures to your post click on the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom of the "Quick Reply" screen, and then scroll down until you see the "Manage Attachments" button and then click on that. From there it is pretty self explanatory. To add pictures to the Gallery you must register in that section creating a user name and password (can be the same as you use for the forum). Then scroll down to the gallery for your model year and click on one of the empty folders that says "this album is available for picture uploads", and begin adding pictures.
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Old 01-03-2011, 04:48 PM   #8
Bill & Sonja

Thanks for the part number Aaron, my tag air bags are different from the rest also. I am having a difficult time crossing over the Firestone number to Goodyear and actually cannot find that bag in Firestone system either. I'll keep looking but if you happen to run across the Goodyear number that would be great. Your help is greatly appreciated. Bill
Old 01-04-2011, 09:09 PM   #9
AW Smith

Bill, check out this part # for the airbags 1003589447C (Goodyear) he part store service manager is Larry at Inland Truck Parts his number is 940-243-0038. He was telling me it was a Hendrick Suspension Part #..I hope this helps.

AWS
Old 01-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #10
Bill & Sonja

Aaron, you have a beautiful coach, I hope the pictures posted are just teasers for more to come in your gallery album. I sure appreciate the part number and realize you've gone to considerable trouble to get it for me. It's a good number and brings up the part numbers for all the different manufacturers of that bag - it is the tag axle bag on my coach I will give Larry a call tomorrow and see if he's got the other number handy. Again, thank you very much. Bill
Old 01-04-2011, 03:39 AM   #11
AW Smith

Clarke, thanks for tips on the site..This is a pic of the HID light installed.Click image for larger version

Name:	272.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	934

Bill, I should have the Goodyear Airbag Part # tomorrow.. I plan stoping by the Inland Truck Parts Store on my way in to work..

Richard, I bought the coach out of houston, but the old owner did I believe live in FT. Worth or Grapevine. I would be very interested on what work you performed on the coach. That would be a big Help. I dont know the old owners name. I purchased it from PPL. The old owner did have to send me some extra keys and I think it was sent from Ft. Worth address??? Any info you can give on what repairs you did would be great...Click image for larger version

Name:	340.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	935

SAT up and running finally
Click image for larger version

Name:	275.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	936

Thanks
AWS
Old 01-04-2011, 04:14 AM   #12
chockwald

AW, that is a beautiful classic coach. Those headlights look great!
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles