Cost of Aqua-hot yearly maintenance at a service center? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
Dom Ferris

Default Cost of Aqua-hot yearly maintenance at a service center?

What does it typically cost to have the yearly maintenance done on a Aqua-Hot system at a service center?

Dom & Fay Ferris

Logan,IA
Dom Ferris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #2
NewellCrazy

The service on a Aqua Hot unit is very minimal and I'd always do my own service. Nozzle $14, inline filter $6.95, spin on filter $17.50; clean combustion chamber, job completed. If you are only an occasional user you could go for a couple of years with out service, Full time use requires annual service. Remember maintenance is cheaper than a new control unit which will set you back $400 Plus from Aqua-Hot I should also mention AquaHot has a great phone support team too.

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
The Newell

An annual maintenance and inspection is the best way to keep your Aqua-Hot/Hydro-Hot or Webasto in top operating condition.

Aqua-Hot Monthly Maintenance

• Monthly maintenance consists of visually checking the coolant levels in the expansion tank. The 67/33 solution of water and antifreeze should stay at an appropriate level. This inspection should only be performed when the Aqua-Hot system is heated. Adding solution to a cold tank will result in overflow as the Aqua-Hot heats up. Operating the diesel burner or electric heating element without the water and antifreeze solution will cause serious damage to the heater.
  • The Aqua-Hot system is factory calibrated to operate in elevations up to 7,500 feet above sea level. When traveling in higher elevations, it would be wise to contact the manufacturer to discuss any necessary adaptations. Exhaust from the Aqua-Hot system is highly heated. Do not run the system when parked on dry, grassy areas. Never run the system while parked within an enclosed building.
Aqua-Hot Annual Maintenance

• Annual maintenance should consist of a complete tune up of the diesel burner.
  • The fuel nozzle and filter should be replaced annually.
  • Connections to the fuel line need to be inspected and tightened, if necessary.
  • The combustion chamber can be gently scrubbed with a wire brush.
  • There is a flame sensor (photocell) which monitors the flame of the diesel burner.
  • During annual maintenance the photocell should be cleaned with a rag to remove any carbon deposits that may have built up.
  • Service personnel should clean and inspect all components for wear and tear.
  • Turn the Aqua-Hot system off when refueling the vehicle. Prior to cleaning or servicing the system all power supplies must be disconnected. For preventative maintenance the Aqua-Hot system should be operated monthly on the diesel burner for at least 10-15 minutes, unless the unit has been winterized.
  • Different qualities of water can cause scaling problems and create less flow. Have the mixing valve inspected and cleaned once a year. The copper tubing of the Aqua-Hot system is designed for fresh water and winterizing solution. Periodic flushing with chlorine bleach, or other concentrated chlorine bearing chemicals, can cause failure to the domestic water loop if not completely rinsed and allowed to remain inside of the piping for extended periods of time.

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote