My Waste Water Tank is Leaking - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2012, 12:12 AM   #1
racor

Default My Waste Water Tank is Leaking

We are currently living in our coach away from home. This week we left our coach for a three day trip back home. We arrived back at our coach today Saturday, and we noticed a "smell" on the outside of the coach. The inside was normal. I looked around the coach and noticed water dripping from the tank holding compartment hole plug.

I opened the bay door and discovered the "smell" was "black" water in the tank holding compartment?

I looked through both sides but could not see the source of the leak?

Does anyone have any ideas on where to begin to look? And how to locate where the leak may be?

The reason I say "black" water is because presently I have the main dump valve closed, and the pneumatic valve open. I believe this enables all "grey" water to exit directly to the sewer line, and keeps only the "black" water in the tank. I have already emptied the tank just in case I was getting a false reading on my display.

How do I find the leak if indeed it is a leak?

Old 10-21-2012, 01:36 AM   #2
JohnC

How full was your tank when you found the leak (turn off the water pump and look down the toilet with a flashlight)? Do you have the electric powered waste treatment system? Was there moisture on top of the tank? Was the coach level? If so, which side was the black water dripping out of?

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #3
Chester B. Stone, Jr.

I would suggest using a power washer to clean the bays on both sides. Once clean, let it dry, then add clear water through the toilet to find the leak. I would suspect the main hand valve and the curb side air valve and drain. It is my understanding that the curb side does not allow the separation between the grey and black, and could easily be the leak source. Good luck.
2001 Newell #579
tow a 2011 Honda Odyssey
1935 Mercedes 500K replica
Chester B. Stone, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote