Who uses a water pressure gauge on shore connection and why? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
Dom Ferris

Default Who uses a water pressure gauge on shore connection and why?

I was considering putting together a regulator and pressure gauge for use on the stand pipe (faucet) at the CG's we visit. I use a pressure reducer but it seems to restrict the flow a too much. I've seen the recorder type gauges with hose style connections that indicate the highest water pressure. I would use that in conjunction with any equipment I would put together. I understand that Watts makes a good regulator. I'd like to have a small one.

Who all uses gauges and why?

Dom & Fay Ferris

Logan,IA
Dom Ferris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:04 PM   #2
prairieschooner

I have a Regulator with Pressure Gauge that is permanently installed on the incoming line. Works well with no issues so far but I do Filter the Water coming in at the Spigot.
We also have a Charcoal Filter and RO System permanently installed.

1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
Newell Attack

We use a Watts pressure regulator. It is preset at 50 pounds. It works very well and the water flow is much improved . It is adjustable and I do have a pressure guage to test it. Most coaches can't handle pressure higher than 55 or 60 pounds and I wanted just a little extra safety margin.

Jeff & Leann Shackly
Newell Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:26 PM   #4
Chester B. Stone, Jr.

I follow the practice of not connecting to campground water, but use the 160 gallons I have in my tank, and replenish as needed. The added advantage is that I do not have to be concerned about overfilling my sewer tank. Once in New Mexico, I connected my Country Coach to the campground, forgot to use the regulator, and returned to the coach a few hours later and the 110 lb. pressure flooded my coach. Lesson learned.
2001 Newell #579
tow a 2011 Honda Odyssey
1935 Mercedes 500K replica
Chester B. Stone, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote