Another Financing Question - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
BikerBob

Default Another Financing Question

Has anyone out there financed an Rv and then paid off the loan within three months thanks to a windfall from the sale of their home? We're just curious of how to juggle our transition when the time comes. We are currently getting our house ready to put on the market. We are too young to tap into our retirement savings to purchase an RV without suffering penalties for early withdraw. I'm just curious about any penalties people have experienced from paying off an RV loan early. You folks have been a wealth of information and entertainment and I look forward to your responses - thank you!! Bob

BikerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:09 PM   #2
MrE

You'll have to look at the fine print on your RV loan to see if there are early payoff penalties.

1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
The Newell

All you really need to do is ask if there are any pre-payment penalties in the financing contract. Easy as that (not all contracts have penalties).

If there are penalties don't finance with those folks. If there aren't, then you can pay the loan off at any time with no penalties. You pay the principle and the interest to the date of payoff and that takes care of it.

Good Luck,

Joseph

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote